Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Schadenfreude

(8 Posts)
BriocheDoree Wed 13-Aug-08 19:57:47

Don't you love it when you meet up with a friend whose NT child is the same age as yours and it's the NT one who misbehaves whilst yours is a complete angel...?
Shouldn't laugh but it made me feel better. Puts DD's behaviour into perspective. Some of it is obviously just 4 year old cussedness and nothing to do with SN!

Tclanger Wed 13-Aug-08 20:52:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Seuss Wed 13-Aug-08 21:19:09

grin Oh yes! My fave was in a shoe-shop and all the other kids were kicking off and my ds1 (who got practically banned from a shoe-shop once) just sat there like an angel. The other two dcs were really good too so I allowed myself a smug mummy moment! Like you say, it's rare but when it happens...

Tclanger Wed 13-Aug-08 22:43:17

Seuss Wed 13-Aug-08 22:45:57

Wow! I am sooooooo jealous. All my kids are buggers getting their hair done. Give yourself a smug mummy pat on the back!

Christie Wed 13-Aug-08 23:36:17

misscutandstick Thu 14-Aug-08 07:49:18

There was one occasion we all (family and friends) went to a restaurant including DS1 who is ADHD (the family understand and try and amuse in turn), there was another child who was NT, aged around 5 - the same age as mine, and (im not exagerating here..) RUNNING table over table whilst DS sat as good as gold wondering why this child was allowed to do this. Anyway, after about 10mins the child slipped and slapped the side of his face with quite a thud on one of the tables.... you should have seen the amount of smug faces!!!

Seuss Thu 14-Aug-08 07:52:16

grinI love these! It's really hard when you go to great efforts to stop your sn child leaping around the place etc. but then nt kids are getting away with it - and even harder to explain to them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now