Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

OT came round yesterday to see what we are entitled to.

(4 Posts)
jenk1 Wed 13-Aug-08 16:41:10

for DD.

she is putting in for big gates and a fence as our HA has refused to pay for them angry
another fence at the back and a gate so there will be the back garden then a driveway and then the front gates,locks on all windows apart from our bedroom,and grab rails in the bathroom,and for the bannister to be boxed in.

DD is an escaper/runner and a lover of climbing out of windows and climbing up the bannister, she asked the OT did she want to see her jump off the top step yesterday and the OT was absolutely horrified and told us we must keep the baby gates locked at ALL times, BUT she can figure them out, she knows how to undo them,not sure how to get around that one.

its good that finally we are being listened to and maybe will get some help to keep her safe.

Tclanger Wed 13-Aug-08 17:34:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jenk1 Wed 13-Aug-08 17:53:42

oh yes tell the OT everything, it was surprising what we are entitled to, i never dreamed we would be entitled to fencing and gates and as me and DH are full time carers we were saving our pennies, but had been quoted £500 just for large gates alone shock

we have been making it "safe" by driving the zafira down the drive and putting a wheelie bin at either side to stop her escaping, the other thing she told me to do was lock the doors at ALL TIMES.

Tclanger Wed 13-Aug-08 20:44:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now