Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Anyome see that commumity programme?

(7 Posts)
jollymum Fri 11-Feb-05 20:18:33

Just watched a programme on Community Channel re autism. Interesting, poses question why aren't we all doing it? Amazed at child's progress-options experience, anyone seen/heard done it?

jollymum Fri 11-Feb-05 20:31:28

bump

jollymum Fri 11-Feb-05 20:37:21

OMGI'm a thread killer and it's MY thread!

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Fri 11-Feb-05 21:11:59

Was it about a school Jollymum?

jollymum Sat 12-Feb-05 17:43:24

It was somewhere in USA and seemed very hands on, radical approach to autism. Interested because this child "changed" so much-the parents were amazed, upset that they hadn't been helped here and very british, in that they found it hard to get down to his level/world. Almost, but not quite suggesting that there was a "cure" for it, not my opinion, but interesting. Oh well, ....thread killer signing off

Davros Mon 14-Feb-05 17:15:04

Check the message archive here, we have discussed Options or Son-Rise as its also known before. Not all its cracked up to be I'm afraid.

MrsFROSTgetful Mon 14-Feb-05 20:21:48

JOLLY- i will look this up- they often repeat programmes....always interested to see different approach...i use bits of PECs ...bits of this and bits of that to manage/help my HFA boys!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now