Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Jack been given "chloral hydrate" to help him sleep. Anyone any experience??Pls help

(10 Posts)
caitlinnjacksmummy Tue 05-Aug-08 22:09:36

Jack was given chloral hydrate 3ml to be given a half hour before bed, states on bttle to be given with plenty of water...which paed failed to mention, dunno hw much watr?! Should it b mixed with water, or wat?! As Jack only 17 mnths, not good at drinking, the stuff smells mentholated, like nail polish remover!!! Don't want it t burn his throat?! Pls advise

anonandlikeit Tue 05-Aug-08 22:16:02

Sorry no experience, just wanted to bump.
Have you tried googling it to see if it offers nay more advice.

BriocheDoree Wed 06-Aug-08 07:41:03

Bumping this for you also...DD has had chloryl hydrate a couple of times but in a syringe form like baby nurofen. Could you ask at pharmacy / boots how to give it? Seems a bit rough for a baby to take meds like that. Hope you find someone who can help!

sarah293 Wed 06-Aug-08 08:27:55

Message withdrawn

caitlinnjacksmummy Wed 06-Aug-08 11:42:12

Hey, so I don't give with water? says on bottle give with plnty water, did anyone find it helpful? Jack was still up 4 ages, but he is unwell with the cold atm

sarah293 Wed 06-Aug-08 13:20:19

Message withdrawn

caitlinnjacksmummy Wed 06-Aug-08 16:11:56

Right....so if I call the chemist maybe? Well the chloral hydrate certainly didn't help last night, but he is too wee for melatonin xxxx

caitlinnjacksmummy Wed 06-Aug-08 16:12:09

Right....so if I call the chemist maybe? Well the chloral hydrate certainly didn't help last night, but he is too wee for melatonin xxxx

BriocheDoree Wed 06-Aug-08 19:15:05

Must admit, DD was given chloryl hydrate for a different reason (to calm her down before a dentist appt) and to be honest as far as I could tell all it did was make her really arsey and not tired at all! Hope you find something CJmummy as it's rotten when your DC won't sleep - for you and for them - esp on top of all the worry during the day. How's your wee man doing?

caitlinnjacksmummy Thu 07-Aug-08 13:09:54

Hi, he has tried it for 2 nights,and it makes him "look" drowsy as if he is going to fall asleep, but he DOESN'T. He sleeps when I bring him into my bed though, most of the time angry,little bugger!! Lol. He is ok atm thanku briochedoree, he is choked with the cold, little shame...if it's not 1 thing it's another....... xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now