Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

AIBU To be really mad with my DH i think i might be.

(6 Posts)
twocutedarlings Sun 03-Aug-08 15:18:09

Been swimming with the kids and DH this morning, DD1 (5 AS) needed the loo i was playing with DD2 in the baby pool so DH took DD1 to the loo.

10 minutes later DH came back to the pool minus DD1 apparently she had refused to use the gents so he sent her to the ladies on her own he waited outside for her and of corse she didnt come out so he back for me to fetch her.

Now i know that most 5 years old would probably be fine to go to the loo alone but DD1 is way to trusting he knows this, but still thought that this was ok.

I went potty when i got back to the pool i found her filling all the sinks and was making shapes with soggy toilet paper. Why didnt he just fetch me when she refuse to use the gents?? or use the disabled loo?? stupid bloody man, he make my blood boil sometimes.

But is he right should we start and give her some responsiblity? i think not but maybe he is right?

Shitehawk Sun 03-Aug-08 15:31:06

I wouldn't have let my NT daughter use the loos in a swimming pool on her own at 5, if that's any help.

He's right in that five is old enough to start giving some limited responsibility in some areas, but not responsibility which involves leaving her alone, whether it be in a public toilet or anywhere else.

2shoes Sun 03-Aug-08 15:53:59

yanbu, silly man, 5 is a bit young to go into strange toilets on your own nt or sn imo.

Romy7 Mon 04-Aug-08 16:35:33

we've only just started letting dd1 (8) into the toilets on her own if we're out, and only then if we can see the doors and see who's going in/out. she's the most trustworthy NT kid i know. in a swimming pool, with wet floors, clumsy kids and no supervision? er, no, yanbu.

FioFio Mon 04-Aug-08 16:37:03

Message withdrawn

Twiglett Mon 04-Aug-08 16:39:15

my 7 year old NT DS is only just, on occasion, using loos on his own .. there is no way he would have been allowed on his own at 5

my 4 year old DD will probably be the same .. she goes in the gents atm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now