Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

AIBU I think I am but need people to tell me, the heat advert on tv

(9 Posts)
2shoes Thu 31-Jul-08 21:41:21

is really pissing me of.
they say something(gone out of my head right now) and use the term simpleton.
seems wrong to me.

MamaGLovesMe Thu 31-Jul-08 22:07:39

It is.

KT14 Fri 01-Aug-08 14:38:00

Hi 2shoes, totally agree, I posted about the very same thing on here a couple of weeks ago. And even emailed heat to complain.

I find it totally unnecessary and offensive, and not just because of DS1's speech issues. I can't believe after that hoo ha where they produced a sticker making fun of Jordan's disabled son Harvey, that they think it's appropriate to advertise a magazine in this way.

Grrrrr

2shoes Fri 01-Aug-08 22:31:05

so glad I am not loosing the plot. just something felt wrong about it.

ouryve Fri 01-Aug-08 22:35:20

I haven't seen it, but complain to the ASA. (Advertising standards authority - easy to find on teh google). I did complain about an advert, recently and they take it very seriously.

KT14 Mon 04-Aug-08 09:37:38

it is wrong, "it's the let's all laugh at the simpleton" aspect which makes me feel sick. Think I will complain to the ASA, never been so bothered by an ad before but it's hit a nerve!

loudmouthmum Thu 21-Aug-08 03:14:39

which one are you talking about, as it's the one with the lady lying on the ground that ruffles MY feathers, I and my daughter have epilepsy, and feel that the advert is just poking fun at people with this disability. GRR!! at heat magazine! angry

sickofthisrain Thu 21-Aug-08 15:06:09

We were talking about the one with the shopkeeper which effectively said, buy heat and then you'll have something to talk about and nobody will think you're a simpleton and laugh at you.
Must be a new one out, haven't seen one like you describe yet.

FioFio Thu 21-Aug-08 15:58:32

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now