Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

What all terrain SN buggy do you have/ would recommend?

(11 Posts)
chonky Thu 31-Jul-08 21:30:41

Whilst I love my mac major buggy, it's not great on rough ground or the beach. Any ideas as to what we could buy as an all terrain option please?

reiver Thu 31-Jul-08 22:23:02

What size are you looking for, chonky? We use a Major too & also have a Mountain Buggy XL which is great over rough ground.

Joggeroo Thu 31-Jul-08 23:16:28

We have Baby Jogger/ Advanced Mobility -Independence
here
And I love it, the Mountain Buggy xl was too small for DS to have much growing room in/ & wear a bulky winter coat. He's 6 now, was 5 when we bought it, slender and quite tall. The wheels look huge but it is great and DS is very comfy, though he doesn't need a chair with lots of support. Think you can use wheelchair vouchers towards them but we didn't have any.

chonky Fri 01-Aug-08 21:08:19

Thanks. DD is 4.5, very tall and slim, so I guess both of those would definitely be worth a look at

chonky Fri 01-Aug-08 21:08:26

Thanks. DD is 4.5, very tall and slim, so I guess both of those would definitely be worth a look at

PheasantPlucker Sat 02-Aug-08 13:44:32

We have one of those 3 wheeler jogger things, really good but no swivel on the wheels. DD1 v comfortable and likes it. She is 7 but small

Romy7 Sat 02-Aug-08 17:02:34

We had a babyjogger SN but it was too reclined for dd. we've wedged her back into a mainstream cycle trailer/ jogger by chariot carriers at the mo - going to try and persuade them to do an sn version as they are uber fantastic... been through sand, snow, woods, up mountains - as a result we're checking out the canadian market to see if they have a better option than us namby pamby brit types.

Mitchell81 Tue 05-Aug-08 09:43:42

www.joggingstroller.com/Dreamer-Design-Axiom-2.pro

my DD who is 7 has this one and I don't think she will ever out grow it, it is huge. Has both a fixed wheel and swivel wheels which are easy to change.

CaptainPlump Tue 05-Aug-08 10:46:15

We have this Ranger buggy from Delichon - http://www.foam-karve.demon.co.uk/Ranger.htm - it's great! I was very concerned by the lack of swivel wheel at the front but it's quite easy to get used to. It has a choice of two footplates so you can change it as your child gets bigger, so DS will be able to use it for years yet.

The best thing about it is that it's not actually that long - it takes up less room on the bus than his old 3-wheeler did!

CaptainPlump Tue 05-Aug-08 10:48:46

Sorry, I don't know why that link doesn't work. It's fine if you just paste it into the address bar!

Debs75 Thu 14-Aug-08 19:14:50

We are going for one of theose mountain buggies we have a voucher from the nhs but can we get funding to pay for the rest of the buggy??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now