Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

OMG

(15 Posts)
eidsvold Sat 26-Jul-08 22:55:25

WHen I clicked on the link for the safe space from another thread - I then started watching one about siblings - one of whom had down syndrome.

THen I saw what else came up -

this

and this seems to be a 'mild' one to so many others that could be linked to.

It appears that you tube think nothing of letting people post videos making fun of or showing people with special needs being assaulted, teased and treated appalling.

I was shock

this is meant to be funny

OMG

expatinscotland Sat 26-Jul-08 22:58:09

i still can't get the updated Flash player installed properly on this laptop. sad

Seuss Sat 26-Jul-08 23:00:56

OMG! I didn't even watch more than a nano-sec. shock

amber32002 Sun 27-Jul-08 07:44:57

I've asked Youtube to remove it. There's a 'flag' tab and it lets you report video links that mock those with disabilities.

eidsvold Sun 27-Jul-08 07:46:49

the sad thing is that there are so many making fun of and showing people with special needs being treated appallingly.

geekgirl Sun 27-Jul-08 07:59:59

god I can't believe the number of sickening clips that brought up shock shock

Have flagged 3. I wonder if youtube really will remove them.

What made it particularly awful is that I had a list on the right suggesting a bunch of other hateful clips, but also one clip that was obviously from proud parents about their toddler with DS. It's creepy to think that something like that could well be watched by the tw@ts who put up those hateful videos.

ladytophamhatt Sun 27-Jul-08 08:16:00

shock

I'm speechless actually....

mummyhill Sun 27-Jul-08 08:31:27

That made my blood run cold. I hope youtube get their act together and remove offensive material like that. Even better yet ban the losers who think it is amusing.

mrsruffallo Sun 27-Jul-08 08:39:48

God, that is sickening.
Absolutely disgraceful

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Sun 27-Jul-08 09:28:29

That is disgusting. I'll report it as well.

Sick bastards.

Exactly my point about 'educating' others in the other thread. Bugger it if my child is going to get beaten and hit just to 'educate' scumbags.

BeautifulSpectrum Sun 27-Jul-08 10:26:42

I've flagged them too. Yout tube have a lot tp answer for.

strawberryfields Sun 27-Jul-08 10:31:06

Have flagged them and some others that came up...can't believe youtube think this is ok!

Blu Sun 27-Jul-08 10:45:49

Made me so sick, I couldn't watch - but will go back and flag them.

This whole YouTube thing makes my blood BOIL.

You would have to be MAD to put a movie of your child, any child, into that crocodile swamp. IMO.

Tclanger Sun 27-Jul-08 10:49:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

edam Sun 27-Jul-08 11:11:23

I don't know why they allow people to post at all using the word 'retard'. Clearly that's a great big red flag suggesting that the content is discriminating against people with disabilities?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now