Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

So how are the holidays going so far?

(68 Posts)
magso Thu 24-Jul-08 17:56:29

Ds broke up from school tueday lunch time, but had 2 strike days off last week too ( + sports day and end of term meetings etc), so it feels like the holidays started last week. I had a lot of things lined up but feel like I'm flagging already! I was hoping ds ( who is very flitty and lost without school) would be able to entertain himself for longer this year (the odd minute or so!). Hows it going for everyone else?

ScoobyDoo Thu 24-Jul-08 18:04:47

It's our first full day today & i was out at work from 9-1pm but tonight i am reallly stressed, ds is driving me mad, the house is messy, dp has taken the back door key to work so everything is going wrong...

God i am dreading the next 6 weeks!

sarah293 Thu 24-Jul-08 18:14:42

Message withdrawn

magso Thu 24-Jul-08 18:26:06

Tiredness is part of my problem too - ds was sleepwalking in the small hours ( he said 'thankyou mummy' as i tucked him up in bed so what was he dreaming of?)then a car alarm went off at 5 am - waking the whole household! Perhaps we overdid it yesturday! Maybe its me adjusting to our not so little whirlwind at home! Our house is soo messy! Ds can make a mess so much faster than I can clean up! Oh and I just found several items I ironed at the w/e all screwed up in the to-do pile (my helper strikes again!)At work tommorrow (wink)

Seuss Thu 24-Jul-08 18:28:09

First day today. The relaxing morning didn't quite go to plan cos I forgot to put the bin out and had to sneak around at 5.30 doing it. Obviously not as stealthy as I thought as ds was coming down the stairs as I came back in. I have DH outside doing some hardcore trampolining with them at the mo so hopefully better luck tomorrow!

magso Thu 24-Jul-08 18:32:21

Ah yes Riven! no more ironing those impossible white polo shirts!! I fear early mornings are here to stay but at least ds can wear comfy stuff (so no struggling with uniform!!!)

sarah293 Thu 24-Jul-08 18:37:30

Message withdrawn

magso Thu 24-Jul-08 21:58:36

Riven its great you prefer the holidays! (I used to think it odd that parents dreaded the holidays too - school for some kids - especially sn - can be such an uphill struggle!)

Arabica Thu 24-Jul-08 23:09:05

Hmm. OK so far, because we were doing a planned activity, so DS (7) happy to go out. Otherwise he wants to stay at home watching telly all day. DD meanwhile, for all her difficultites with communication, makes it perfectly obvious that there's a big world outside she's gagging to explore!

sphil Thu 24-Jul-08 23:26:34

DS1 woke with chest pains - ended up in hospital with suspected pneumonia. Dr eventually decided it's 'just' a chest infection and sent us home. Am now lying beside him in our bed hoping the dr was right - his temps still high despite ABs, Calpol and Neurofen and he keeps crying out with the pains in his chest. something tells me we may end up back in hospital - and we are due to go on holiday tomorrow sad

Three years ago our summer holiday started in much the same way, in hospital with DS2 - in Cherbourg!

Seuss Thu 24-Jul-08 23:55:14

sphil - Hope your ds is feeling better by morning - fingers crossed for a 24hr thing...

FioFio Fri 25-Jul-08 07:53:33

Message withdrawn

FioFio Fri 25-Jul-08 07:54:17

Message withdrawn

Flamesparrow Fri 25-Jul-08 07:56:43

Oh Sphil

Oddly enough, DD is doing really well shock

magso Fri 25-Jul-08 08:08:13

Sphil I hope things have improved overnight! Fio - ds decided to clean the floor with 'magic potion' made from orange juice, mint and tomato as far as i can tell - smells quite delicious!

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Fri 25-Jul-08 08:43:54

Hope ds1 is feeling better sphil. Missed this.

Fio- sounds like our house. DS1 coated his bedroom with a tub of sudocreme last week (I'd gone out, dh in charge hmm)

First day for us today. Younger 2 are at holiday club and ds1 is off to playcheme. So it starts properly next week really.

FioFio Fri 25-Jul-08 08:54:55

Message withdrawn

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Fri 25-Jul-08 09:09:34

That;s what I try to remind myself

sphil Fri 25-Jul-08 09:39:02

DS1 much better this morning thanks - but i have dark circles reaching my knees grin.

FioFio Fri 25-Jul-08 14:05:24

Message withdrawn

Seuss Fri 25-Jul-08 14:12:47

dd is refusing to nap even though she was tired when she got up and is completely miserable and awkward - she must be bad because ds2 tried to get her to have a cuddle and a nap with him just now!

for some reason ds1 is putting his pyjamas on...I thought about arguing but haven't got the energy. actually they aren't even his pyjamas they are ds2s and very small! and inside out!

ScoobyDoo Fri 25-Jul-08 14:35:22

Having a much better day today but then it is also a day off work for me so it is nice not to be rushing around, dd woke us up at 7.30am so we sat in bed had a drink & turned the tv on blush we then got up & had a shower & got dressed.

We have been to the beach for the day & had a picnic the kids loved it & have come home knackered!

See what tomorrow brings, one things for sure work for me boohoo

magso Fri 25-Jul-08 20:33:19

Sphil - hope everyone well! and holiday happens and goes well!

anxiousmax Fri 25-Jul-08 21:49:07

Had a week of holidays here, i took ds2 to a playscheme & the lady said she thought he was worse than last time & he didn't enjoy it at all

We went to the airshow - he loves planes but I discovered once we were there he only likes toy planes cause the real ones are too noisy.

I think we just stay in the garden or at a push our local beach for the next 5 weeks. Oh well at least it will save me a few quid!

Tclanger Fri 25-Jul-08 22:07:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now