Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

divorce settlements and children with special needs

(6 Posts)
Joggeroo Mon 21-Jul-08 23:56:12

My DH of 15yrs has left and we are starting divorce proceedings. Ds1s needs are such that he will need either to live at home or in a specialist unit when he becomes an adult, (though he's currently only 6)
Anyone have experience of making arrangements so that he will financially supported & housed for life, not just til he reaches 17/18?

lottiejenkins Tue 22-Jul-08 10:09:45

Cant really help but am bumping for you.....

lourobert Tue 22-Jul-08 10:26:48

Im kinda going through the same thing right now although not married. Been with Dp for 6 years- joint morgage etc. Son is 3 in a couple of months. He will always need to be cared for.

Interested also in anyones thoughts and ecperiences of longer term planning.

HOpe you dont mind me joining in Joggeroo.

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Tue 22-Jul-08 11:44:36

I think you'll need to see a specialised solicitor. Mencap can be good at providing information on this sort of thing. Worth browsing their website.

Joggeroo Tue 22-Jul-08 12:17:34

thanks lottiejemkins for the bump
welcome lourobert, sorry to hear you are in a similar sort of situation.
Good idea Jimjams, had got not so DH to go on one of the Mencap Will seminars recently, before this all kicked of and had planned to use their list of solicitors for getting my will sorted, need to contact them as husband in his current disarray has lost the list.

Any further advice, keep it coming.......

FioFio Fri 25-Jul-08 09:02:59

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now