Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Do I have to re-apply for a blue badge?

(9 Posts)
Nat1H Mon 21-Jul-08 22:35:27

My son has a blue badge, but it has an expiry date of this October. Do I have to reapply or do they send one out automatically?

saffy202 Mon 21-Jul-08 22:46:33

You will have to re-apply. They wouldn't send them out automatically as circumstances could change.

Dingle Tue 22-Jul-08 18:50:16

Just had to renew DD's, it was a right fuss about nothing.

The evidence of her DLA entitlement was dated 28th April, and was not current enough so I had to ring DWP to get them to send up to date confirmation out.

Then the council rang to say, because her DLA expires in October, they couldn't issue a Blue Badge after that date and would only send out a badge to that date and that I would have to re-apply AGAIN once I had the results of her next DLA application ( which I haven't even started completing yet!blush)

A couple of days later we got the badge for the whole 3 years!! hmm so much time, energy, postage and phone call for such a straight forward procedure! angry

But hopefully by the time I have to reapply again she will have "grown out" of having Down Syndrome!! hmm Sorry, in a foul mood due to school!

MintPattie Tue 22-Jul-08 21:09:14

We don't get DLA because of visa restrictions but we have the Blue Badge based on a letter from the GP. You can always use that if they start to play silly buggers.......

MehgaLegs Tue 22-Jul-08 21:12:45

Can I hijack slightly. My DS4 receives DLA (middle rate for care but nothing for mobility) he was 3 a few weeks ago. Does that mean he may now be eligible for a blue badge and possibly a DLA mobility payment. ( He has GDD and can walk since Jan a little but still needs pushchair most of the time)

Sidge Tue 22-Jul-08 21:18:48

Meghalegs - you need to call DWP and request a review of his DLA for mobility now he is 3.

You can get a Blue Badge without receiving DLA, depending whether you fulfil their criteria - they normally ask for supporting evidence from a GP. More info here.

Nat1H - you have to reapply. But I believe you can apply slightly ahead of the expiry date so that you don't have a period without one.

busybeingmum Tue 22-Jul-08 22:27:08

Message withdrawn

MehgaLegs Tue 22-Jul-08 22:29:26

Thanks sidge, will call tomorrow.

PheasantPlucker Wed 23-Jul-08 10:46:32

DO CALL. They won't automaticaly send you one, and if the old one expires there is a'discretionary' period when you can use the old one whilst awaiting a new one......but our council also said that not all areas abide by this, and you could find the badge is deemed ineffective, and get a parking ticket! We got ours renewed last Oct, till Oct 2010.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now