Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Sorry really long rant

(5 Posts)
staryeyed Fri 18-Jul-08 13:51:42

I'm sorry I haven't even been on here much lately and the first thread I start is a moany one.

Ds does not have a nursery place. The people who are supposed to be supporting him delayed the whole process application dragging everything out; trying to get me send Ds to rubbish nurserys and then taking ages getting their reports together (which they didn't even finish) to apply through the special needs panel and then the nursery was full which I'm not at all surprised about because the whole process took flipping months- I wish I had not asked for their help. I have written about them a thousand times here before about how generally rubbish they are but this takes the P*.

I have no idea what to do now, my Ds really needs to be around other children and I need some of the pressure taken off me. We tried ABA not for long at all but it didn't work out and although we would like to try again I really dont know if its realistic money wise. Its just really hit me that this is the start of a lifetime of battles sad.

Seuss Fri 18-Jul-08 14:06:30

sad That's crappy. Are any of the other nurserys worth a second glance? Can you get your ds on a waiting list on the off chance someone leaves?

To give you some hope - my ds is now settled in primary school and we don't have any major battles to fight at the mo. Guess the next big hurdle for us is getting into Secondary school.

staryeyed Fri 18-Jul-08 14:24:28

I dont think they have a waiting list. Its so late I dont think there are any places anywhere.

sarah293 Fri 18-Jul-08 14:30:38

Message withdrawn

staryeyed Fri 18-Jul-08 14:50:20

Sorry I should have explained. Yes they are state nurserys but we were looking a the special needs nurserys/autism units because I dont think my son would cope at mainstream school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now