Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Can I swear on here? Please? Go on, peachy needs to swear- so <insert swear words of your choice>>

(10 Posts)
PeachyBAHons Wed 16-Jul-08 17:52:05

Just got back from school parent meeting. DS3 ws described as having a 'minor speech impediment and will be cured by yr2' and then not need a statement (yes the one we fought long for and which they now claim to have facillitated)

FFS!

He is listed as having a severe - moderate sppech delay with evidenece of ASD by SALT, has an 18 month delay (BIBIC) and enough care needs to warrant middle rate care.

he even on occasion travels in a special harness and has reins on call as well.

Am fumng. Oh how i'd like to believe he will be cured, but he won't of course.

And to top it off blardy SENCO has been promoted to dep head. Was it becuase of her (ahem) charm? Her skills?

Nope, indeed both LEA and governors officially opposed the promotion. In fact, the KLEA (quote) 'wash their hands of the whole appointment'!.

The decision however, in the school consititution comes down to the decision of the local Vicar.

who is...

Her BLOODY GODFATHER

sarah293 Wed 16-Jul-08 18:04:03

Message withdrawn

TotalChaos Wed 16-Jul-08 18:09:49

oh god what a political nightmare re:Senco. Hopefully she will be too busy for the senco stuff so somebody truthful and competent can replace her. And PMSL at the "cured by yr2". What professional in their right mind would come out with that sort of comment.

PeachyBAHons Wed 16-Jul-08 19:27:08

ah Riven tyhats a good idea, I keep sayting I should record meetings!

The senco is currently subjrct of a humngous top level complaint made by someone other than me who has had sim ilar lying to

Tclanger Wed 16-Jul-08 19:28:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PeachyBAHons Wed 16-Jul-08 19:31:16

he'd 5 next week, we've just got him out of nappies and he's still in a highchair and eating with fingers mostly

he also doesn't know the names of his classmates bar one after two years together

Tclanger Wed 16-Jul-08 20:01:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bullet123 Wed 16-Jul-08 20:27:18

How truly amazing that she can make such accurate predictions. I'm surprised she hasn't made her fortune already.

PeachyBAHons Thu 17-Jul-08 09:42:23

Will have a read TC, thanks.

I know Bullet! And I also wopnder why, if she's the world expert on ASD's, she's working as a reception teacher?

I hope i'm wrong but she's know to not like extra LSA's in her class (the way she spoke to ds's 1-1 yesterday! I'm not surprised (though very sad) that she is going to another class next year!) and the reception teacher is being moved to yr 2 when ds is....

Like I'm going to let that happen! Been there, done it, done it again, have an entire wardrobe full of t-shirts

As my hyper-evangelica friend said: 'Praise the Lord, it's a miracle notified 1 year in advace, and even Jesus didn't do that LOL

misscutandstick Thu 17-Jul-08 18:12:23

Peachy... OMG shock and LOL grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now