Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

A brag about school reports

(10 Posts)
sparklymieow Fri 04-Feb-05 23:13:08

Had DS and DD1 parents evenings on wednesday and I was sooooo proud!! DS is 7.1 years and his reading skills were assessed of that of a 8.3 year old!!! and his spelling skills are 7.3 years. His art and design skills are poor but thats because he doesn't have the stregth in his fingers, but I was so chuffed with his reading levels I didn't care!!
DD1 has settled in nicely, and is very popular (she has only been there 4 weeks) and the other kids love her. Her teacher thinks she is kooky and a great character. DD1 can only count to 3, knows 2 colours and two shapes, but the teacher is hoping she will catch up. Her IEP will be reviewed next week, and I am going to see the SENco too.

coppertop Fri 04-Feb-05 23:15:59

Well done to the mini-mieows. It sounds as though they're both doing really well.

ThomCat Fri 04-Feb-05 23:17:38

Fantastic, a well deserved 'brag'! Well done mini-mieows, auntie Thomcat says mummy is to spoil you rotten this weekend!

sparklymieow Fri 04-Feb-05 23:19:56

DS teacher said its such a shame as he is a very bright child but can't get it down onto paper IYKWIM? The headmaster said that he is very proud of DS and that DS has been in the Gifted and Talented class, that he takes weekly, for Maths and DS has a great way with numbers!

coppertop Fri 04-Feb-05 23:24:40

That's fantastic! Are the school looking at ways to help him do sums etc without having to physically write?

sparklymieow Fri 04-Feb-05 23:26:32

they are waiting for the Advicery teacher to come and assess him so they can get funding for a Neo Alphasmart.

coppertop Fri 04-Feb-05 23:30:42

There'll be no stopping him when he gets one of those.

sparklymieow Fri 04-Feb-05 23:47:36

I am hoping so CT, he is so into numbers and spelling and loves to read everything! Just a shame that he can't get it down on paper.

Merlot Sat 05-Feb-05 14:13:20

Brag Away Mieow - its lovely to hear nice news

Blossomhill Sat 05-Feb-05 14:15:10

It's so lovely to hear that both of your children are doing so well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now