Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

OMG I just lost DS2

(6 Posts)
sphil Tue 15-Jul-08 20:20:24

I was cooking dinner and assumed he was on the computer in the living room. Went to find him when dinner was ready - no DS2. As I was about to go upstairs, I realised the front door was wide open. Rushed upstairs to check - no DS2 - came down, called DS1 and we both ran out into the road. I couldn't see him at all but then DS1 went haring off down the road (in his bare feet!) shouting 'I can see him Mum'. He was just rounding the corner at the end of the road - it's a cul de sac (thank God) which leads to a small park. DS1 found him standing at the gates saying 'open open'.

I am so angry with myself - I had left the door on the latch and the wind had obviously blown it open (DS2 can't open it on his own yet). And I am so proud of DS1! Not only did he come straight away when I called (something he doesn't always do...), he was the one to spot DS2, just from a tiny flash of red and run (like the wind) to catch him.

I've always been pretty laid back about DS2 because he hasn't ever got himself into potentially dangerouns situations. This was a real wake-up call.

bubble78 Tue 15-Jul-08 20:25:16

oh god thank goodness for ds1 speedy work
glad he back safe and sound i worry about this with my ds we live like we are protecting the crown jewels in our house smile every door is locked and then checked three times smile

MannyMoeAndJack Tue 15-Jul-08 21:02:10

Well done ds1!

Our house is like Fort Knox (isn't that Angelina Jolie's son's name?) but before it reached that status, my ds also made an escape bid out of the front door. Luckily, dh saw him hare tailing from the window!

drowninginlaundry Tue 15-Jul-08 21:21:25

jesus that sounded scary, glad he's ok

sphil Tue 15-Jul-08 21:35:59

Funnily enough I'm more scared about it now than I was at the time. I just keep thinking what if DS1 hadn't seen him? Which way would I have gone down the road? And what would DS2 have done once he discovered he couldn't open the gate to the park? Come back home or just carried on down the lane to the main road?

Tclanger Tue 15-Jul-08 21:59:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now