Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

I lost DS3 in the playground on Friday morning...it was quite traumatic!

(4 Posts)
SixSpotBurnet Sun 13-Jul-08 21:45:51

I took the DSs to school on Friday morning and DS3 scampered off to play on the slide as usual. I took my eye off him for what felt like a very short space of time to talk to one of the mums of DS2's classmates - then looked over at the slide = no DS3.

I had kittens as I was scared he had gone back out of the gate and tried to cross the road to our side of the street. I had other parents haring off in all directions to look for him. Was very scared.

Anyway (and I should have guessed this) when the Autism Resource Base teacher opened the door of the Base ready to greet the Base pupils who were just arriving on the bus, she found DS3 pasted up against the door trying to get in! (He's not in the Base, he's in the nursery, but he loves the Base.)

I was so relieved. It was horrible when I realised I couldn't see him. Just horrible.

TotalChaos Sun 13-Jul-08 21:46:53

you poor thing, how horrible.

edam Sun 13-Jul-08 21:51:40

Oh, poor you, must have been bloody terrifying. Eek.

SixSpotBurnet Sun 13-Jul-08 22:35:50

Given that this followed on from having missed DS2's parents' evening earlier in the week - well, I didn't exactly cover myself in glory as a parent!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now