Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Auto Raising Flour!

(12 Posts)
MrsFROSTgetful Fri 04-Feb-05 09:52:03

Hi ...i have missed being on mumsnet--- the socks will have to pile up and the plates will have to wait to be washed as i have tried for a couple of months to as my husband says 'not keep wasting time on the internet (THAT is what my husband thinks i do ALL day!!!!!)

And guess what....there is still chaos/muddles and disorder....but in addition i have felt MISERABLE!!!!

So.....why the strange title you may ask.....well..... as you may know my home is full of Asperger's....and every now and then my eldest will say something which makes me 'glow with pride' ... and this time when he said what he said i immediately 'automatically' thought of posting it on MN...as i always have in the past.....then i remembered my selfimposed boycot...so didn't!!!! Then after watching that ADHD Horizon programme last night and feeling it got a bit too close to my homelife than i was prepared for- i realised that i had to put aside the house work today and post this message!!! (which as usual is a load of waffle....with the odd fact thrown in!!!)

Right....introduction finished ....now for the nitty gritty!

AUTO RAISING FLOUR

T (age 11) was watching me make Yorshire pudding and he said "You must be using Auto Raising Flour"....i smiled....hugged him for being 'so uspecial!' and then explained that you have to use plain flour ...and that the correct term for 'Auto Raising' is 'SELF RAISING'...Then he asked why you use plain whn the yorkshires 'rise' ....etc!!!!
I THINK IT SHOULD BE CALLED 'AUTO RAISING'.....!!!

Basically T has a very technial mind and this phrase illustrates what his thoughts are like!!!

heartinthecountry Fri 04-Feb-05 10:41:28

Hi MrsF - we've missed you! Really. I've missed coming on and finding some seemingly bizarre and random message title! could only have been you that posted 'auto-raising flour' .

Please let the dishes pile up at least once a week and chat to us .

coppertop Fri 04-Feb-05 10:46:40

I'm soooo glad you came back out of hiding, MrsF. There have been loads of times lately where I've been sniggering at something and thought "Where's MrsF when I need her?" And you missed at least 2 laminator threads!

LOL about the Auto Raising Flour! I've missed the Forgetful Tales.

marthamoo Fri 04-Feb-05 10:47:07

I love the idea of auto-raising flour!

Not quite the same but dh's Mum made us a cooked breakfast a while back and mentioned that we were having "non-stick sausages" (translation - low fat sausages) We all call them non-stick sausages now.

MrsFROSTgetful Fri 04-Feb-05 11:06:44

see below for abbreviations

= i have read your posts....and am stuck under a pile of dirty socks at the moment (with a broom stuck up my....oooh! Errrr! ....)...so will reply/contribute later!!!!

Merlot Fri 04-Feb-05 11:10:12

Hello again Mrs F

FWIW my husband had been giving me a hard time about Mumsnet too (and tbh he was a teensy weeny bit justified), but yesterday Tamum really helped us out and DH suddenly saw the light (of Mumsnet)!

I do need to restrict myself too, but it is such a great mine of information and release from day to day stuff isn't it?

Really missed your posts - auto raising flour makes perfect sense to me too

Anyhow must go and get on with RL now xx

MrsFROSTgetful Fri 04-Feb-05 12:42:10

another 'funny' was the other day with my (? NT?) son 'A' who was asking me why i didn't like somebody we know....i replied that
"she never listens to me"
to which he replied
"well, maybe you should say 'Excuse Me'"

Well....again i have to smile...as he's the one supposedly 'attention seeking'...not ASD etc....and here yet again was another example of his 'literal interperation of language'!!!

p.s...for a laugh...just look at the thread i've started on the Arts/Crafts....i have ballsed up bigtime with the tiltl...and people are taking the piss!!!!! Again another example of ME and my BIG MOUTH!!! (also a bit of wordplay here...maybe a smidgen of my AS creeping through too!)

Merlot Fri 04-Feb-05 14:17:20

ROFL at your arts/crafts thread. <<<Merlot scuttles off to get on with the housework, bad Merlot, bad Merlot (in Gollum voice)>>>>

coppertop Fri 04-Feb-05 14:20:58

<scuttles off to find MrsF's thread>

Davros Fri 04-Feb-05 21:21:49

MrsF, hurrah you are back! Sod the sox, stay with us, even in moderation if only to keep DH happy.

MrsFROSTgetful Fri 04-Feb-05 21:24:11

spooky.....here i am!!! (hey! found a pack of 25 coloured laminating pouches today for £4.99...only wallet sized...but reckon they'd come in handy! Any ideas whjat i can use them for BEFORE i buy them!!!!

Davros Fri 04-Feb-05 21:36:51

coloured!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now