Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DS2 likes himself!

(7 Posts)
allytjd Tue 08-Jul-08 22:48:31

Had a very nice family evening tonight, housesitting for friends who have a big kitchen. Three DS's sitting round the table drawing (daleks) and painting Warhammer figures (Yeah,its nerd central round here but what the hell), I'm trying to finish a needlepoint i started years ago. DH puts on a very old CD from the 90's (Belly, in case you are interested). i remark that i haven't heard this album since before the kids were born and this prompts DS2(7 with AS) to go all philosophical and discuss where you are before you are born, he reckons that you float around in space reading magazinesgrin. He also reckons that you look down and choose what family to be in and who to be, he said that he would choose to be himself because he wouldn't want to be anyone else[happy].

Candlewax Tue 08-Jul-08 23:28:02

I find that a lovely thought from your ds.smile

moondog Tue 08-Jul-08 23:29:34

smile
That's great and really all you want for your kids isn't it?

Seuss Wed 09-Jul-08 09:30:22

I'm welling up at the thought of them choosing what family to be in.smile

Buckets Wed 09-Jul-08 17:43:14

Well that's like getting a parenting Oscar isn't it?grin Well done you and DH!

Tclanger Wed 09-Jul-08 19:16:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

allytjd Thu 10-Jul-08 18:54:24

Thanks everyone for reading my post, it meant a lot hearing that DS2 liked being DS2 as he got so depressed and anxious three years ago after starting school that he more than once said that he wished he was deadsad. Things can improve a lot for kids with AS over a few years with a bit of understanding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now