Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

well i have finally sent DLA form off so please wish us luck

(18 Posts)
bubblagirl Tue 08-Jul-08 19:21:29

finally after many tears and heart ache got that bloody form done and its gone off so want as much luck as i can as ds still not getting much help at all from proffessionals so money recieved will help pay for additional help outside of them

just want the best for him but im afraid his just another number to SALT and pre school

so i have many courses through SNAP i wantt o send him on but dont have the money hense i hope our application is successful

anyway have had a breakthrough today all day he has been saying i want instead of xx wants and instead of put in mamas bag he said put in your bag hooray

have seen a difference with his communicating shame he still wont communicate at pre school drives me mad as SALT wants taks set there to get him to talk when i thought she could come to our home and work on speech so once again his left doing nothing

please tell me its not always going to be like this

i have good special needs physician who is very helpful has explained few things noone bothered to tell me about but i just want the best for my little boy and this money would so help

RANT OVER

bubblagirl Tue 08-Jul-08 19:48:08

smile

Tclanger Tue 08-Jul-08 22:12:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Seuss Tue 08-Jul-08 22:17:36

Good luck! I really hope your application is succesful - just think that's another hurdle you have overcome! Horridly cliche but these things def. make you stronger.

My ds wouldn't talk at pre-school either and they didn't seem to believe me when I said he could! He is at a very nice special school now though where he talks as much as he does at home as well as getting the SALT he needs.

The whole dx, statement, DLA business is horrendous but since we've been through those things have calmed down - hopefully will be the same for you.smile

coppertop Wed 09-Jul-08 10:27:37

Good luck with the application. xx

bubblagirl Wed 09-Jul-08 10:28:21

thanks guys i do hope we are successful its up to me now to try and get best for ds without relying on others and that money is what i need i cannot do it without it

misscutandstick Wed 09-Jul-08 11:28:39

good luck!!

cyberseraphim Wed 09-Jul-08 11:34:54

Good Luck with your DLA claim !

I have the same problem at pre school. DS1 (ASD) does not talk (at all) at his pre school nursery and I really get the feeling that they think I am just making up what he can say at home. As of 2 weeks ago, he is toilet trained but they still put him a nappy if they go our for a walk - I just found this out yesterday. angry When he is out with us or nanny, he always asks to go !

I just to try to keep positive. I know I'm not making it up !

SixSpotBurnet Wed 09-Jul-08 11:46:13

Good luck! We are just in the final throes of finishing our application too!

bubblagirl Wed 09-Jul-08 12:41:49

cybers how did you manage to potty train your ds

as at home he has now managed to take down loose shorts and pull them back up but will not ask to go he just takes himself

at pre school doesn't talk at all and has to go in nappy as only just learnt how to do shorts nothing else

does your ds ask to go or does he take himself any tips you may have to help will be greatly appreciated

at home no worries off he goes stands at toilet and goes its out the house we cant tackle as he wont say

just spotted the he asks to go bit how do i get him to do that when he so damn independant ha ha

bubblagirl Wed 09-Jul-08 12:44:04

well just had a talk and said please tell mummy when you want a wee wee i'm hoping as he has just got the i want instead of xx wants it might work this time

yesterday he said i want for everything so i've just made him repeat i want a wee wee but still pre school again will be hard

bubblagirl Wed 09-Jul-08 12:45:07

oh bless i just said bubblaboy when you want a wee wee what do you say to mummy and he said i want a wee wee

fingers crossed this will be it

trouble is leave the house and .......silencehmm

cyberseraphim Wed 09-Jul-08 13:11:32

Hmm - On the positive side, I feel sure your problem will self resolve in time - hopefully not too much time as he clearly has a lot of understanding of what he has to do

I didn't have this problem, as he was in reverse gear for toilet training. Dry at night, asking to use the toilet out of the home and then finally using the toilet at home. But you always worry, I was worried he would never use toilet at home and I would have to keep driving to Sainsburys ! But he got the home idea quite quickly really.

bubblagirl Wed 09-Jul-08 13:27:37

thanks he carried his potty through and said want wee wee so i'll see if one off or continues

Buckets Wed 09-Jul-08 17:39:53

Good luck Bubblagirl, DLA's just heartwrenching isn't it? Our DLA app must go in the post this Sunday evening, hoping to get some tips and documentation this Friday at DS' team meeting/case conference thingy. Give me a shout when you hear anything back and we can compare response times grin.
Still have no plans for DS(3, AS) re getting out of nappies until we see someone about his chronic diarrhoea. In the meantime, he shows no interest whatsoever.

VictorianSqualor Wed 09-Jul-08 17:43:07

good luck bubblagirl.
I hope it helps.

TotalChaos Wed 09-Jul-08 17:48:16

good luck Bubblagirl. DS wouldn't speak much at his first nursery, but he's been fine at his vastly better and more SN aware school nursery. Well done on the "I"s, my DS has only very recently managed that.

bubblagirl Thu 10-Jul-08 09:25:00

thanks every one

im so please its only beed last 2 days i thought id heard wrong so i was like pardon

"i want a guggy [dummy] so i was like ok yes for 5 mins as was so pleased he asked

then i want a wolly [lolly]

i want this i want that just sat laughing

and he asked once yestarday or told i should say i want a wee wee

and he asked this morning once so its a very good start im not looking for miracles just some sort of progress

makes me feel there is a light at the end of this seemingly very long dark tunnel

and he told me this morning i was a good girl grin

good luck buckets with your claim i'm hoping after all my tears what i have told them will be enough as really dont want to go through it all again or deal with a denied application

will keep you informed

tc your ds is doing great its been good to watch progress of our dc in last yr and pleased to see how much progress they have actually made ds is now talking so much better no where near 3 yr olds standard but we can joke and understand more so frustration has lessoned

x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now