Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

ok I know I should put this in wanted but

(18 Posts)
2shoes Thu 03-Jul-08 21:42:00

I am a bit stuck.
can you copy story cd@s
if so does anyone have one they can copy for me. I am looking for short kipper/horrid Henry type.
dd has just got into them and I have just ordered 3 of amazon. butI am not sure what she is into,
she loves HH and I have a couple of them plus room on the broom and a seuz one.
but need a sort of compilation cd to test her taste iynwim.
(flummoxed emotion)

TotalChaos Thu 03-Jul-08 21:51:23

I have a horrid Henry one that was free with a paper a while back, is that any good to you, am happy to send the ruddy thing out to you I am sure others can physically be copied but it would be breach of copyright (i.e. best to be discussed off board lol!).

Arabica Thu 03-Jul-08 22:06:40

You might be able to get them from your library--ours has quite a good collection and unlike DVDs they are free to borrow.

2shoes Thu 03-Jul-08 22:29:53

tc I think that is the one I have thanks.
Arabica you clever thing. I didn't even think of the library. will have a look next week.

SoupDragon Thu 03-Jul-08 22:33:23

How old is your DD? I have several Famous Five ones which were free with the Telegraph a while ago. DSs enjoy them in the car (they're 7 & 9) and they each last about 45 mins or an hour I think. I've also got um, some Secret 7, Paddington and a couple of Roald Dahls which also were paper freebies. I'm more than happy to copy them.

iamsoupdragon at blueyonder dot co dot uk

SoupDragon Thu 03-Jul-08 22:34:11

I think I've got a Dr Seuss one too. Not sure which one - it's in the car at the moment! Possibly Fox in Socks.

2shoes Thu 03-Jul-08 22:49:28

she is 13 but her tastes vary so much her age doesn't matter iynwim.
I have just ordered. secret seven, naughty ??(insert a girls name) by enid blyton and a tweenies one.
i WILL TRY THE LIBRARY NEXT WEEK AN(oops) d get back to you if that is ok(don't like putting people too trouble but she would love all the ones you have mentioned)

SoupDragon Thu 03-Jul-08 22:53:56

A mumsnetter copied a good few of the Famous Five ones for me a while back It's no trouble at all.

Saker Thu 03-Jul-08 22:59:05

We've got My Naughty Little Sister which my two boys have been enjoying though it is amazingly dated in some parts, they don't seem to care. Also some Horrid Henry and Sally Gardner and the Orchard book of Greek Myths which is really good. CAT me if you want any of those doing. Remember also you can order from the library so if your local branch doesn't have what you want they should be able to get it for you. And there are a lot of cheap second hand ones on ebay.

misdee Thu 03-Jul-08 23:02:24

does she like charlie and lola? as might have one of those about somewhere.

2shoes Thu 03-Jul-08 23:07:13

oh she lurves c&l
my email is mshadowsisfab@yahoo.co.uk
I don't have cat.

mshadowsisfab Mon 07-Jul-08 18:51:11

she is so happy with the ones I have ordered. so if anyone can help me I would be happy to re pay P&p

desperatehousewifetoo Mon 07-Jul-08 21:03:58

How about posting a message on freecycle? Someone might have some other unwanted cd's that they want to pass on.

You could download some from 'audible' but I don't know how much they cost.

nannynick Mon 07-Jul-08 21:22:20

You can download various books, including Horrid Henry from TalkingBooks. They do charge. Horrid Henry titles are typically around £4 each for audio download.

Some free children's audio stories to download, from GLTC.

See this mumsnet thread] for links to various sources of free audio books.

mshadowsisfab Mon 07-Jul-08 21:54:12

thanks for that I have just downloaded all the free ones I could find
what is a podcast?

nannynick Wed 09-Jul-08 19:11:12

Podcast is typically for when there is a new programme available. So a weekly radio show for example, would update their podcast every week. Using software such as ITunes, you can subscribe to a podcast and have ITunes download the new programme, when it becomes available. Audio Podcasts are often MP3 files, thus when finding them on a website, you can often download them for putting onto a CD.

catok Wed 09-Jul-08 21:19:33

If you ever get a chance, try a charity shop. If the CD came from a newspaper as a freebie, they are not supposed to charge for them and will often give them for a small donation. I've checked all my cat scarers in the garden for you - but none are children's stories - sorry!!

2shoes Wed 09-Jul-08 21:36:44

thanks for both replies. I will ask arround

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now