Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Walking at last age 2.4

(24 Posts)
milge Mon 31-Jan-05 17:28:25

Hooray for DD. At the grand old age of 2y4m she is finally tottering around. She looks like metal mickey walking, stiff legged and petrified,with both her arms out but i can't believe i;m seeing it. The physio was so pleased with her last week that she said i could alternate her NHS Piedro boots with "normal" shoes as long as they were supportive, so dashed straight out and bought her pink furry ankle boots. I got them from the trendy kids shoe shop, Buckle My Shoe, down from £55 to £25 in the sale. Bargain. I am so proud of her. All we need to do is to get her to make eye contact, to answer to her name, to start making some sounds etc. She may be autistic still,but she is now officially a toddler

happymerryberries Mon 31-Jan-05 17:30:11

Fab!!!!!!

lunavix Mon 31-Jan-05 17:30:38

Well done dd, and well done you too

JakB Mon 31-Jan-05 17:33:00

milge,
So thrilled for you!!!!!!
JakBX ps My DD didn't answer to her name until nearly 3, didn't make eye contact until 3, either.

KateandtheGirls Mon 31-Jan-05 17:33:18

Hooray!

My oldest daughter didn't walk till 22 months, with very mild special needs, and I remember how thrilling it was.

dawnie1 Mon 31-Jan-05 17:38:42

Milge thats wonderful news . My dd has been walking for a little while now but sometimes I still well up when I see her marching around, belly sticking out, little bottom waggling. Its just great isn't it.

chonky Mon 31-Jan-05 18:41:17

Milge, that's really great news!!!

Swilt Mon 31-Jan-05 18:55:26

I love hearing news like this, how wonderful.

coppertop Mon 31-Jan-05 18:57:05

Hurray for mini-Milge!

JaysMum Mon 31-Jan-05 19:08:50

Your post made me smile....hurray for "Toddler Milge"....you must be so happy. Fantastic news.

Merlot Mon 31-Jan-05 20:25:15

Fantastic Milge Bet you would have paid full price for those boots - she so deserves them

heartinthecountry Mon 31-Jan-05 20:42:42

Feel a bit choked reading that Milge . Can imagine just how much it means to you. Way to go girl! Bet she looks fab in her pink fluffy boots.

Cannot wait to see my little dd toddling about - think it will be a way off yet though.

anniebear Mon 31-Jan-05 20:44:47

That is so great, really pleased for you
xxxxxx

I remember Ellie taking 22 steps across the SN Toy Library we go to when she was about the same age as your DD. I was counting each step with my voice going higher and louder with each step she took, then a MASSIVE big cheer at the end!!!!!!!!

Hulababy Mon 31-Jan-05 20:59:59

Well done to your DD

sparklymieow Mon 31-Jan-05 21:16:42

Well done little miss milge!!! My DD1 disn't walk till she was 26 months, I was so excited when she finally did it!!

PuffTheMagicDragon Mon 31-Jan-05 21:22:56

milge Mon 31-Jan-05 21:44:29

Thanks everyone for your messages. Merlot, any news on the MRI results? HIC, I never thought i'd see the day she crawled, stood on her feet, let alone propelled herself forwards.. people used to tell me that my turn would come, and now it has, so yours will come too.

Blossomhill Mon 31-Jan-05 21:46:55

What an acheivement milge. You must be so happy!!!!!!!

eidsvold Mon 31-Jan-05 22:08:58

brilliant news

Dingle Tue 01-Feb-05 10:41:12

Just had to quickly post a WOW!!! That's fantastic, such great news-it it has made me rather emotional!!

DD only has to wear here AFOs for part of the day, and she is building up a lovely little collections of boot, a pair of beige suede ankle boots, a pair of black biker boots with heart studs (these are great as they are a bit higher in the leg and give her quite a bit of support) but my favs are a little pair of pink suede ones-look great with woolly tights and her little denim skirts!!!

I bet your little dd looks a million dollars!

beccaboo Tue 01-Feb-05 11:57:19

Fantastic. Bet she looks fab in her pink furry boots.

meea Tue 01-Feb-05 12:13:06

WOW great news i remember being told ds2 could have his first pair of ordinary boots.

ThomCat Tue 01-Feb-05 18:09:06

Over the moon for you Milge, I can't wait to feel how you must be feeling. Wonderful, wonderful news

NameChangingMancMidlander Tue 01-Feb-05 18:22:29

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Fantastic

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now