Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

the curious incident

(15 Posts)
kalex Sun 30-Jan-05 20:01:00

I have just finished reading this, and really wondered if this was an exact portral of someone with Aspergers/Autism.

I found it gripping reading, but without someone who actually lives with this situation 24/7 wondered how much of this wrang true in your own lives.

Sorry if this is a very invasive question.

Loobie Sun 30-Jan-05 20:15:54

One word.....................YES !!It is s great insight into ASD,my son is 9 and has autism and it struck a chord with me within anout 3 pages and continued through out the book.

Hellywelly Sun 30-Jan-05 20:18:32

I bought this book just before xmas as I had heard it was very good, but have not yet had time to read it! 3 year old son and 11weeks old daughter keep me too busy at the moment. I must try and get time to look at it!

JaysMum Mon 31-Jan-05 10:45:18

Having read this book, I purchased extra copies and gave them to my family as a stocking filler for christmas. Both sisters read the book and said it helped them understand a little more about how J views the world slightly different to NT people.

I just wish now they would make it in to a film...but who could play the starrng role....Daniel Radcliffe maybe???

Wallace Mon 31-Jan-05 21:06:27

kalex - I was going to post the exact same thing when I finished reading it! What I also want to know is where did the writer get the knowledge to portray how it feels to be a person with Autism?

Christie Mon 31-Jan-05 22:00:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Allycat Tue 01-Feb-05 21:50:58

Hi there. The author of this book has AS. Sorry to butt in. Allycat x

JakB Tue 01-Feb-05 21:53:49

Does he? I didn't know that.

Swilt Tue 01-Feb-05 21:55:08

Wow, I didn't know that neither

Davros Tue 01-Feb-05 22:10:07

Sorry, I don't think he does. Apparently he has worked with adults with SN and that is where his insight comes from but he mostly won't discuss it. He has written lots of "ordinary" childrens books I believe.

acnebride Tue 01-Feb-05 22:10:33

I don't think he does, does he? he used to work with people with a range of disabilities though?

well, i dunno. sorry allycat if you know him!

Allycat Tue 01-Feb-05 22:36:59

No I don't know him. I'm sure I read it on the cover of the book (there are two different covers - one with it on and one without). The one I have is red grey and white and it doesn't seem to be on that. Also, my son has AS and I'm sure that my local Autistic Trust mentioned it. God I'm doubting it now!! Sorry if I'm wrong!

zippy539 Tue 01-Feb-05 23:05:06

Allycat- I'm sure I read that he has AS somewhere too.

Christie Tue 01-Feb-05 23:28:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

flashingnose Tue 01-Feb-05 23:39:10

Just read his profile and I'm exhausted! What a very busy man.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now