Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

beautiful video clip on hopes and dreams of people with DS

(12 Posts)
geekgrrl Fri 28-Jan-05 14:09:50

on the NDSS site is a wonderful 3.5 minute clip of people with DS of all ages talking about their goals and dreams. Brought a tear (of joy ) to my eyes.

Hausfrau Fri 28-Jan-05 14:15:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Blossomhill Fri 28-Jan-05 14:17:50

Wow!!!! How inspirational was that video
That was so lovely and a real pleasure to watch.

Merlot Fri 28-Jan-05 14:39:45

Geekgirl that blew me away

Thomcat and Eidsvold, I'm sure that your littlies are equally enchanting.

I'm sure that their dreams will come true too - cant fail to with mums like you

chonky Fri 28-Jan-05 17:53:05

That's really beautiful & uplifting geekgrrl. It made me blub, but in a really happy way. I love the Natalie Merchant song they used too.

nikcola Fri 28-Jan-05 18:12:28

lovely xxxxxxxxxxxx

galaxy Fri 28-Jan-05 18:52:27

That was lovely. dd just came running over from her potty to watch it and said the little girl doing ballet was lovely

tamum Fri 28-Jan-05 18:57:38

It's a fantastic film. Thanks for posting it, geekgrrl.

RTKangaMummy Fri 28-Jan-05 19:17:37

Thankyou for posting that

Dingle Fri 28-Jan-05 21:19:01

geekgrrl,THANK YOU! I need a bit of boost ATM and that really helped, even though I am sitting here crying!
I, too, love the little girl doing ballet, I can just imagine dd in a few years time!
I look at dd, and I don't see a little girl with DS! I see a cheeky little 3 yr old, up to mischief like most children of her age-I'm fed up of people labelling her.This clip shows that they are not just "people with DS", they are all individuals, with their own individual characteristics and dreams!
Fab clip, thank you once again!

misdee Fri 28-Jan-05 21:28:05

the little ballet girl was so sweet, and the boy with the guitar. the video clip make me , so good to see!

eidsvold Sat 29-Jan-05 12:21:02

that just made me cry.... have had a brilliant week with dd ( another thread) have been so proud of her...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now