Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

OMG oh my god

(160 Posts)
Jimjams Thu 20-Jan-05 14:26:31

OK you know how I've always bleated on about ds1 regressing following eczema herpeticum at 11 months, and how we felt the antibiotics were an issue. Well just read this . DS1 was prescribed augmetin duo by a consultant dermatologsit- the pharmacist questioned it when dh picked it up - as being veery strong for an 11 month old (and the packaging said not for under2's). But we gave it becasue it had been consultant prescribed.

Buggeration buggeration buggeration.

moi Thu 20-Jan-05 14:28:14

Oh Jimjams

SoupDragon Thu 20-Jan-05 14:28:32

ar$e

Does it mean you can worry a little less abut DS2 &3 though? (trying to look for a silver lining, however tarnished)

Marina Thu 20-Jan-05 14:32:00

Oh Jimjams, oh NO. Does this provide any basis for taking legal action against the consultant/NHS Trust in question?

kizzie Thu 20-Jan-05 14:32:41

Jim Jams - are you going to contact the research person to see if they will review your case?
I see theres a link to someone on the press release.
Im really sorry Jim Jams - Im sure this is one occasion where you really didnt want to be proved right. Would you consider suing now that there is more evidence? I know it wont make anything better but you might feel that at least the makers are having to pay for the effects of their product.
Kizziex

Grommit Thu 20-Jan-05 14:33:14

Oh that is terrible

batters Thu 20-Jan-05 14:34:21

bloody hell Jimjams.

Really sorry.

hercules Thu 20-Jan-05 14:35:21

How awful Jimjams

aloha Thu 20-Jan-05 14:40:59

How dreadful and upsetting for you. But it goes to show that you ALWAYS knew what you were talking about - your son was poisoned. Drs so often don't listen to parents

misdee Thu 20-Jan-05 14:43:27

you've always said he took a turn for the worse after the infection, and you knew that had soemthing to do with his autism.

But how are you going to deal with this? Is there anything UK based that you can use, or is it just the USA (?) report you have there. can you persue it all?

Best of luck to you and your family.

sobernow Thu 20-Jan-05 14:52:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Christie Thu 20-Jan-05 14:58:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

galaxy Thu 20-Jan-05 15:00:24

oh jimjams - don't know what to say. You must be feeling so angry and in shock <<<<hugs>>>>

Potty1 Thu 20-Jan-05 15:00:55

Jimjams How awful for you, so sorry.

Twiglett Thu 20-Jan-05 15:01:02

Oh bollocks .. sorry Jimjams

maomao Thu 20-Jan-05 15:02:05

Socci Thu 20-Jan-05 15:06:25

Message withdrawn

secur Thu 20-Jan-05 15:14:12

Message withdrawn

heartinthecountry Thu 20-Jan-05 15:21:08

OMG indeed . Bloody hell. Cannot imagine how you are feeling. Hugs.

FineFigureFio Thu 20-Jan-05 15:23:38

jimjams, I just want to hug you. Just goes to show us parents usually know what we are talking about even if Dr's dont listen. I hope you find some closure/comfort in this but I dont think you will. You must feel very confused, you poor thing.

Chandra Thu 20-Jan-05 15:26:00

I don't know what to say Jimjams,

Casmie Thu 20-Jan-05 15:35:22

on your behalf, Jimjams. But also in some way what a relief that you can finally be vindicated in what you knew all along and it must take some of the worry away for ds2 & 3. I hope you can use this to get some sort of compensation claim going.

xxx

(poster formerly known as GeorginaA)

Jimjams Thu 20-Jan-05 15:41:48

I think I've contacted the researcher (but may be the journal I'll have a browse when feeding later for a direct email adddress). I wondered actually whether we could help her- after all I have an NT younger child who hasn't had augmentin/vax and a 2 week old who hasn't had anything (hoping to god that the IV antibiotics I was given in hospital were not augmentin).

Not sure what I think. It was abit hard to miss really pre-illness talking, waving, eating anything child, post illness, lost words, wouldn't touch grass anymore, wouldnm't eat anything except bread child. And of course gaze monitering went (pre illness have video of him playing peek a boo as well).

We've always remembed that antibiotc as the GP was shaking his head when he prescribed it (the consultant prescribed it over the phone). And then the pharmacist. He was in a bad way at the time though.

And the ultimate irony? Bloody augmetin duo didn't even work. 4 days later GP insisted he was seen by the hospital urgently and he had a different antibiotic which cleared the infection.

secur Thu 20-Jan-05 16:02:21

Message withdrawn

roisin Thu 20-Jan-05 16:04:09

Oh no! and for you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now