Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

SN assistant changed without telling us..

(3 Posts)
mum38 Wed 19-Jan-05 14:00:34

Just found out that one of ds2's SN assistants (he has 2) has been replaced as of the beginning of term. Have not even met the new one who is with ds2 3x pms a week. DS2 really like the old one and has been reluctant to go to school this term.. I just feel so disappointed in the school -will have to go in (again. Does anyone else find communicating with schools so hard. I invariably end up in tears and can't get my point across.. Any advice on how to keep calm/ not cry appreciated!!

Merlot Wed 19-Jan-05 19:01:34

No advice mum38, sure someone here will have though.

Seems bang out of order and incredible that they did not tell you though

mfh Thu 20-Jan-05 12:25:21

I'm sorry to hear about the change - continuity is so important.

"Does anyone else find communicating with schools so hard. I invariably end up in tears and can't get my point across.."

Snap. It does get better. Also, I have found the following help: take a written note of the points I want to make, and take a friend or other supporter (eg from parent partnership service). Just having someone else there has kept me going.

In the longer term, I am doing assertiveness training - has anyone else tried this? Just a one-day session so far, but I learnt lots, and am starting to put it into practice.

Good luck. I thought I was the only person who had this problem until I discovered Mumsnet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now