Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Dd is doing so well at school:)

(14 Posts)
Blossomhill Sat 15-Jan-05 08:58:27

Spoke to dd's teacher and she is so pleased with how dd is getting on. They assessed her reading, spelling and comprehension in literacy and she came out so high that dd and 1 other boy in the class are taken out and taught in a group of 10 the other 8 are year 2 students. Dd being nearly 5 and half and an August baby is the youngest in yr1. So will be with children more like ds's age who is 7!
They also said that lately her behaviour has really calmed down and she is so much more receptive. Always gets her work done and is actually taking pride in her work as she used to rush it before.
They are just so pleased with her and I am so proud. It just amazes me that she excells at literacy yet has a language disorder. So has mastered, reading, spelling etc. but still struggles to have a 2 way conversation for too long. Bizarre isn't it?

anniebear Sat 15-Jan-05 09:00:49

Thats really good

well done to your DD

XXXX

roisin Sat 15-Jan-05 09:07:34

That's fantastic news Blossomhill - how encouraging!

I find the whole thing intellectually stimulating. DS1 has very very strong literacy skills, and again he is a summer baby (July - so not quite as young as yours). Yet he just doesn't understand the basic skills of conversation.

JakB Sat 15-Jan-05 09:39:51

Bless little Blossom, that's fantastic news...

Carla Sat 15-Jan-05 09:45:31

Fab, Fab, Fab, Blossomhill. I'm so pleased for you and dd. You must feel sooooo proud. It's lovely when things happen like that, isn't it? And IMHO now she's at school the 2 way conversation thing will slowly start to diminish too. Fantastic! XXXX

Merlot Sat 15-Jan-05 10:14:57

Great News Blossom

Hulababy Sat 15-Jan-05 10:16:42

Well done to your DD!

Socci Sat 15-Jan-05 10:22:26

Message withdrawn

maddiemo Sat 15-Jan-05 11:28:42

Thats lovely news

mum38 Sat 15-Jan-05 14:17:11

wow!! Sounds like she is doing so well. It's wonderful that the school can run with her strengths like this. I so want ds to get a place!!

ThomCat Sat 15-Jan-05 16:31:21

Oh, that's just such great news, I'm so pleased.

onlyjoking9329 Sat 15-Jan-05 17:12:53

oh i just love good news and this is certainly very good news.

Blossomhill Sun 16-Jan-05 18:21:19

Thanks for all your lovely comments. Dd seems to have really come on lately, making progress in all areas. We can even go shopping and do things that we found so hard. Fingers crossed it continues xxx

nikcola Sun 16-Jan-05 18:23:45

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: