Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

JimJams .. how was DS 1 first day at school?

(11 Posts)
Twiglett Fri 14-Jan-05 12:38:20

I know you're busy with new baby .. but didn't DS1 start on thursday?? .. how's it going?

Jimjams Fri 14-Jan-05 13:13:15

Last week (I missed it was in hospital ) Really well- he loves it- and so far they are brilliant. Lots of feedback- really clued up on his needs- he's already having lots of sensory input. He's had hydrotherapy (which he loved) and I think he starts his trips out into the community next week.

It's such a relief being able to hand him over to people who know what they are doing. Much less work for me, and much less worry.

Dingle Fri 14-Jan-05 13:17:56

Oh Jimjams, what great news! It sounds wonderful, so pleased that he loves it.
Hopefully a bit less stress on you too!
Give a welcome hug to that new little buba from us please!xx

Marina Fri 14-Jan-05 13:21:26

Glad it is going so well Jimjams, hope that continues. We have recently won a fight locally to make sure a new leisure centre being built will include a hydro pool. They are fantastic for mums and babes, NT timid learners as well as SN users.
Sorry you were still hospitalised, hope you are recovering well now.

tamum Fri 14-Jan-05 14:53:28

That sounds brilliant Jimjams, and how good that you don't have the stress of dealing with all the ignorance at the mainstream schools now.

FineFigureFio Fri 14-Jan-05 14:57:11

jimjams! so pleased for you

trips out into the community hey? dd went to panto last friday and she is usually very defensive about stuff like that and it hasnt been possible but this time (with school) she loved it! It makes all the difference, trips to burger king, the beach etc

Twiglett Fri 14-Jan-05 16:25:09

.. so so pleased for you all

JakB Sat 15-Jan-05 09:43:46

That is absolutely fantastic, Jimjams!

happymerryberries Sat 15-Jan-05 09:53:08

You have made my day! mega

Merlot Sat 15-Jan-05 10:17:37

Ah, that's great . Hope you are getting some sleep, now that your new 's here

Merlot Sat 15-Jan-05 10:18:49

the deleted word was baby

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now