Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

My little girl is poorly

(28 Posts)
ThomCat Fri 07-Jan-05 22:31:48

She has a raging temperature and can't breathe and stuff, you know how it is.

She was on my lap tonight and she lay there and she kept lifting her hot sweaty little head up and looking at me and saying 'mummy, mummy' and then cuddlying up to me again.

It was so lovely and so sad at the same time.

Then I put her on our bed to sleep tonight as she's poorly and she fell asleep stroking my eyelashes and tracing my lips with her little finger.

Anyway, just wanted to share that useless bit if info with you! A TC moment, you know me!

moondog Fri 07-Jan-05 22:32:51

Bless her heart.
Kiss from me (non germy one) and hope she is better soon.
XXXX

bonniej Fri 07-Jan-05 22:33:42

hope she feels better soon xx

Blossomhill Fri 07-Jan-05 22:34:12

Oh honey! Poor little love
Big kiss and a hug from me to lottie ((((xxxx))))

milge Fri 07-Jan-05 22:34:19

Hope she is better soon - my ds(NT) has been like this all week, and now has german measles like rash on his torso, but thankfully now sleeping. . Hope your lo is ok soon.

Potty1 Fri 07-Jan-05 22:34:19

Hope she's better soon TC.

marthamoo Fri 07-Jan-05 22:34:35

Aww, bless, lottie - hope she's feeling much better soon, poor little sausage.

tamum Fri 07-Jan-05 22:35:50

Bless her. I hope she feels better in the morning. Good that she has such a lovely mummy

Merlot Fri 07-Jan-05 22:41:51

Hope she's better real soon. Ikwym about the `so lovely and so sad' at the same time.

When either of my ds's are poorly, although its a pain in the neck and I feel awful for them - I feel so close to them at the same time.

EpiffanyFeast Fri 07-Jan-05 22:43:37

Oh TC it sometimes is wonderful and sad when they are so poorly..
I cherish the snugglyness as when well she is churlish with her affections, once Ems was so ill she slept with us, 1st time ever at age2!
Hope she is ok though TC
xx
Piff

ThomCat Fri 07-Jan-05 22:50:25

Lottie's never slept with us the whole night either, don't think I'll start it tonight though, think I'll have to move her, she's snoring too loudly!!!!!

Have nothing but cuddles planned for this whole weekend though, that and a lot of disney DVDs I reckon.

Silver linings and all that

pixiefish Fri 07-Jan-05 23:11:21

My dd came down with a cold on Boxing day tc- it was awful for her and i have every sympathy with lottie

ThomCat Fri 07-Jan-05 23:20:50

Ahh bless her pixiefish.
Lottie is rarely out of the common cold tbh but the raging temperature isn't as common thank god.
She's snoring away and cooled downa bit now thankfully.

PuffTheMagicDragon Fri 07-Jan-05 23:37:48

Hope she's better soon thomcat xx.

lou33 Fri 07-Jan-05 23:45:45

Poor old lottie

Hope she feels better soon TC.

ThomCat Fri 07-Jan-05 23:46:34

Lou - you're home.
Would love to catch up with you and hear all about your holiday.

Dingle Sat 08-Jan-05 09:27:02

I suppose it just an extra boost of maternal love for your little ones when they are poorly. My ds was poorly before xmas and although he is 5 (still like a little stick insect!) he was curled up in a little ball, fast asleep-I just couldn't take my eyes off him. Not in the "OMG-I'm worried sort of look", but a "wow, my little baby boy" sort of look!
But then saying that I think that everynight, when I peer round each of their bedroomm doors, I always turn away with a huge grin on my face and a warm, snuggly feeling in my heart.
Enough of this silly rambling, hugs to your little Lottie TC. Make the most of a cuddly weekend"

hohohoheartinthecountry Sat 08-Jan-05 11:46:41

Aww, hugs to Lottie. dd has been really unwell this week too and spent most of the week asleep or being cuddled. Or crying. I swing between feeling passionately protective and loving towards her and or getting frustrated and thinking 'oh please just get better and stop crying and let us get on with life'. Sorry, don't think I'm very good at illness .

Blossomhill Sat 08-Jan-05 12:09:31

Ah HITC - hugs to you and dd. Hope you have a better week next week (((xxx)))

Chocol8 Sun 09-Jan-05 17:55:13

I'm still laughing at Lottie snoring!!! Hope she's feeling better soon and also little HHHHITC!

I had a play with my new digital camera last night and took the most gorgeous picture of my ds, fast asleep with his 3 favourite teddies/dogs tucked up in bed with him, it is beautiful - I wish I could show you. The plan is to look at it when I find myself getting short with him to remind myself that he is really a little angel....i'll let you know if it works! x

coppertop Sun 09-Jan-05 18:01:17

Awwwww! I hope little Lottie felt a bit better today.

Ds2 woke up screaming this morning. He cried non-stop for an hour but I had no idea why as there was nothing obviously wrong. 20 minutes after a spoon of Calpol he stopped crying and has been bouncing around the house ever since. I still have absolutely no idea what the problem was!

Eulalia Mon 10-Jan-05 15:37:39

Oh - is she feeling better now Thomcat?

JakB Mon 10-Jan-05 19:28:49

Hope she gets better very soon, TC.
Coppertop, my DD regularly has screaming hours like that that calm down after medicine. It's so difficult to work it out because she seems to have such a high pain threshold (can fall over and gash her face/leg and so on and not even blink) yet obviously has a recurring pain that really gets to her (think it's ears but then she's had massive ear infections before and we've not known anything about it until her eardrum has perforated). It's another DD mystery!

pixiefish Mon 10-Jan-05 21:13:12

how's lottie tc?

ThomCat Tue 11-Jan-05 11:09:17

Ahhh, thanks for asking. Well had morning from hell yesterday. Don't know what was up but everytime I tried to move away from her to get ready she sobbed and sobbed and sobbed. I laid down on our bed with her and she put her arm round my neck and when I thought i could I'd try to get up only to have her cling to me and sob again. I chilled her out enough to give her a rare dose of baby nerofen, gave her a laxative as she hasn't been and then she conked out on me and slept for about 5 hours, from 11.15 to just after 4.30! When she woke up she did an enormous poo, ate a huge tea and was, and has remained, delightful ever since!

She went off to school this morning with a grin on her face.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now