Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

visiting a school for ds2 today

(16 Posts)
lou33 Fri 07-Jan-05 10:49:19

After our statement review before we went away, it was decided that ds2 wouldnt be able to go to ds1's school. So we are looking at the school in the next village this afternoon. Apparently it is a bland 70's style one level school, which should make him able to get about.

Plus points are that his bf from nursery will be going there, and i have been told the head refuses to give out homework!

Wish me luck.

coppertop Fri 07-Jan-05 10:51:00

Good luck!

<<crosses fingers and toes>>

lou33 Fri 07-Jan-05 10:54:22

how is your cheeky self anyhoo?

Blossomhill Fri 07-Jan-05 10:59:27

Good luck Lou
Let us know how you get on.
Hopw you are all okay xxx

Dingle Fri 07-Jan-05 11:00:09

Hope it goed well and that you come home at ease with it all!

Dingle Fri 07-Jan-05 11:01:11

That should have been "goes." One of these days I will learn to type!

coppertop Fri 07-Jan-05 11:04:51

Hellooooo Lou! Cheeky? Me?

lou33 Fri 07-Jan-05 11:09:51

<<pinches ct's cheek and pats her on head>>

Bh, thanks. I think the longer we are home the more the effect of what could have happened to us is sinking in, so am finding life hard atm, if i am frank. We were truly terrified, because we didn't know if we were going to get caught by the wave or not. Incredibly thankful we didn't, but the reality of scrambling over an unmade rocky road, with three children, one in a wheelchair, barefoot and just in costumes is something i hope noone ever has to go through. And we got off lightly.

But that's a whole other thread. Certainly makes me see things differently atm though.

lou33 Fri 07-Jan-05 11:10:07

Dingle, thank you

Socci Fri 07-Jan-05 12:21:53

Message withdrawn

Blossomhill Fri 07-Jan-05 12:24:46

Lou - (((hugs))) to you and your familyxxx

Davros Fri 07-Jan-05 14:19:01

God Lou, not surprised you're feeling a bit "unsettled" (understatement!). I think the bland 70s, one level school sounds OK, bet its got lots of stuff on the walls etc to cheer it up. Good luck.

FatFluckerFio Fri 07-Jan-05 14:20:19

Lou {{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}

have you been yet?

lou33 Fri 07-Jan-05 15:26:47

Not long back. Great school ,fantastic head. The only homework they give out is reading. She thinks along the same lines as us re homework, i.e out of school is fun time. She was already ahead of us when we were looking at places for ramping and toiletting options. She has a meeting set up with a bod for the end of next week about getting it all sorted, there is nothing near as much to be done to accommodate ds2 compared to the other school. Ds2 liked her enough to actually speak to her, which is a good sign as well . Teachers were all v nice, kids were lovely etc.

Phew!

coppertop Fri 07-Jan-05 18:37:37

Hurray!You must be feeling pretty relieved.

So was it just as bland inside?

Blossomhill Fri 07-Jan-05 19:26:17

That's great news lou You must feel so relieved!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now