Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Jimjams - has anyone heard anything?

(149 Posts)
blossomhill Wed 29-Dec-04 19:49:45

Jimjams hasn't been around for a few days and I am hoping that means 1 thing
If you read this Jimjams hope everything is okay and am thinking of you Blossomhillxxx

onlyjoking9329 Wed 29-Dec-04 19:52:27

i think she has family over at the moment.

blossomhill Wed 29-Dec-04 19:53:45

Oh right onlyjoking. Just been thinking of her as I think Friday is the due date but know she has been having some signs!

JanH Wed 29-Dec-04 19:57:31

Not sure - she started this thread 2 days ago:

<<By Jimjambells on Monday, 27 December, 2004 3:40:51 AM

IN fact worst day with ds1 for over 2 years. I dn't think it was xmas in particular that was the problem as he started screaming and shouting before he could even have realised that anything was different. And continued all day. Literally.

At about 6pm I went all dizzy and thought I was going to pass out. My mum (a nurse) took my blood pressure and the bottom reading was well over 100 (having been 65 2 days previously) so up to hospital for monitering. Had a lovely relaxing few hours (seriously!) waiting for blood test results etc during which my blood pressure dropped- all pre-eclampsia screens were normal - so they said it must have been stress realted (!!) They probably thought I'd been getting stressed over a turkey (didn't bother mentioning ds1).

Got home at 11pm and ds1 was still up and still screaming- practically hysterical by now. Finally he fell asleep at midnight and dh and I opened our pressies.

WHilst all this was going on was trying to keep some sort of normal xmas going for ds2 as he was really into it. Doing things differently next year (buying ds1 a load of small toy cars etc that he can play with and explore independently and dumping them in his room unwrapped- think it might work better.

And what am I doing up at 3.35am? Wondering whether I'm in early labour (ds1 induced, ds2 electve section). It's been so long since I've had an antenatal class that I thought that it wasn't labour until contractions were lasting 2 minutes- but having just looked it up in some book realised that not true and these "braxton hicks" that have woken me up and are keeping me awake may actually be the start. Just wondering whether to try and get some sleep but they're coming every 20 mins which is making it hard! SO distracting myslef on mumsnet instead.>>

and her last post lately was on that thread at c. 9am on Monday. So I suspect something may be up. Best wishes anyway, jimjams!!!

onlyjoking9329 Wed 29-Dec-04 20:02:52

theres no baby news as far as i know and i know someone who is a mate of hers and she would have told if any news, i will check with her.

serenequeen Wed 29-Dec-04 20:03:14

good luck jimjams!

Twiglett Wed 29-Dec-04 20:07:08

ooo good luck jimjams ... here's to an easy time for you

colinsmommy Wed 29-Dec-04 20:15:04

Oh, and I was so hoping someone would answer this question, been thinking about her ever since I caught her thread from 2 days ago. Good luck from me, too.

Gobbledigook Wed 29-Dec-04 20:52:12

I've been wondering too - everytime I log on I'm looking for a birth announcement!!

Good luck JJ!

KangaSantaMummy Wed 29-Dec-04 20:56:34

I have been wondering too

good luck jimjams

SnowmAngeliz Wed 29-Dec-04 20:57:02

Oh, i didn't know but hope she's o.k

How exciting!!!

maomao Wed 29-Dec-04 20:57:14

Hope it all goes well, Jimjams!

marthamoo Wed 29-Dec-04 20:59:35

I didn't see that thread but I wondered where she was and if things might be happening. Hope she's OK - I'm very fond of jimjams xx

coppertop Wed 29-Dec-04 20:59:58

I think she came back later and said that it had been a false alarm. In any case, good luck Jimjams!

JanH Wed 29-Dec-04 21:06:47

She did, ct, but that was at 9am on 27th, and she hasn't been seen since as far as I can see. Fingers and toes crossed anyway!

JaysMumWantsaSilentNight Thu 30-Dec-04 17:48:35

Good Luck Jimjams.....just hope you post soon with joyous news to share.

Gobbledigook Thu 30-Dec-04 18:50:36

Noone heard anything yet?

Got to be a good sign surely?

Here's hoping all is well with JJ!

Jimjambells Thu 30-Dec-04 20:01:43

I'm here and I'm cross!

Been having pains and contractions since yesterday 5am. ds2 is ill now (poss hand foot mouth? maybe just a heavy cold) so up with him all last night. Midwife said 3rd pregnancies are notorious for stopping and starting labour. Saw her today though and I got the impression she thinks it'll be quite soon (baby very low). My in laws have been staying but went home today- MIL used to be a midwife and has been asking faaaar too many questions so am looking for peace tonight. Also tbh felt silly posting stuff with the news from Asia- came and read through the in the news thread yesterday but having also just watched the news everything else seemed rather trivial.

Thanks for all the very kind thoughts- very touched. And onlyjoking- who on earth do you know????? Very very curious!

WideWebWitch Thu 30-Dec-04 20:04:11

Oh good luck jimjams, wishing you a peaceful night followed by a quick and easy labour!

Blossomhill Thu 30-Dec-04 20:05:39

Ah Jimjams
Fingers crossed that it won't be long. Sending lots of urgent labour vibes your way *x**x**x*
That should do it
Hope ds2 is okay and again fingers crossed for you. Blossomhillxxx

emmatmg Thu 30-Dec-04 20:07:23

Oooooo, got all excited then when I saw Jimjams name on the active convos.

Hope you have a nice evening, can't wait for the announcement.

Socci Thu 30-Dec-04 20:08:32

Message withdrawn

onlyjoking9329 Thu 30-Dec-04 20:11:15

hope ds2 gets better soon and that baby put in an appearance real soon, Jimjams someone from a mailing list that you and i both belong to.

marthamoo Thu 30-Dec-04 20:13:58

Oh best of luck, JJ - hope it doesn't all drag on too long (hope ds2 is better soon as well - perfect timing!)

And your pregnancy/labour/baby isn't trivial (though I do know what you mean). Lord knows we all need some good news - take care xx

JaysMumWantsaSilentNight Thu 30-Dec-04 20:14:28

AWWW Thought youd got some news to share when I saw you'd posted...Good Luck...hope you get a good nights kip....keep us posted about the arrival of baby Pj's.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: