Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Hama beads

(8 Posts)
blossomgoodwill Tue 28-Dec-04 20:22:58

I got dd some Hama Beads for christmas as the school have been doing them with her to improve her concentration and fine motor skills.
I am just amazed at how long dd has sat and done them for (probably about half an hour unaided!). Apparently when school first gave them to her she would put about 10 beads on and walk away. Now she will sit and do a whole shape, such as a heart or a star. I also think it helps with her fine motor skills too as she is picking them up very carefully and not dropping any. She also makes patterns with the beads.
Just thought I'd share that with you as I think they are really good Oh yes and ds loved them and I sat and did half of one too (didn't have the concentration to finish it ).

charliecat Tue 28-Dec-04 20:23:38

I have a wee bag full of these that my dds dont use..do you want them?

blossomgoodwill Tue 28-Dec-04 20:28:36

Are you sure charliecat ?

JaysMumWantsaSilentNight Tue 28-Dec-04 20:29:33

J loves these. They are excellent for his fine motor skills.....the only problem we have is he does tend to eat a few!!!!!

When he goes to the loo and does his number two's....he looks for the coloured beads and shouts out "HAMA POO"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

charliecat Tue 28-Dec-04 20:29:54

Yep..email me @ charliecatsmail@gmail.com with your address and I will get them out to you

blossomgoodwill Tue 28-Dec-04 20:52:24

You'll have to let me know what you want for them first

charliecat Tue 28-Dec-04 21:49:42

Not a thing, I put them in a bag and saved them as I thought it was a shame to throw them away as they are good, my dds just dont appreciate a good thing when they see it! Mail me

OLittleYurtofBethlehem Tue 28-Dec-04 22:33:04

JaysMumWantsaSilentNight - LOL at the HAMA POO!
DS is 3 and loves Hama beads - cant actually do it though - not enough patience - I have a lovely time playing with them though!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now