Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

grrr ds2 has put a chip up his nose

(25 Posts)
Jimjambells Thu 23-Dec-04 19:36:29

Was going to have a relaxing evening. DH came in with a DVD earlier, we were getting the kids ready for bed- when ds2 announces "mummy I've out a chip up my nose". And he has, and we can't get it out, so dh has had to take him to casualty (braving the drunks and the norwalk virus) Grrrrr.

Slink Thu 23-Dec-04 19:48:34

Oh bless him, i put a pea in my nose when i was small and dd 3 is still trying to see how far her finger will go.

Hope he is ok.

lockets Thu 23-Dec-04 19:51:24

Message withdrawn

JakBFrostNippingatYourtoes Thu 23-Dec-04 19:54:52

Oh, blimey! You couldn't make it up

spidermansmum Thu 23-Dec-04 20:38:16

Arn't you glad it wasn't saturday!! Hope ds2 gets the chip out quickly so you and dh can enjoy DVD.

blossomgoodwill Thu 23-Dec-04 20:38:35

Oh god Jimjams Hope ds is okay.
Hope they don't have too long a wait as if ds is anything like dd waiting is not something she does easily. Hopefully the hospital will be symapthetic
Are you okay? If I remember correctly you should be going in soon to have ds3. Am I correct? If so good luck! xxx

blossomgoodwill Thu 23-Dec-04 20:39:42

I didn't read that properly Jimjams !!! It's ds2 not ds1. Well then it shouldn't be too bad! All this ds/dd can get confusing at times!

mum38 Thu 23-Dec-04 21:20:01

hope they don't have to wait too long!! my sis and I as kids once dared my brother to do this -we got into real trouble..

coppertop Thu 23-Dec-04 21:22:22

Any news yet? Hopefully he'll soon be back home and chip-free.

eidsvold Fri 24-Dec-04 12:00:36

hope all is sorted out now - have a lovely 'relaxing' christmas and look forward to news of babe.

tinseltortoiseshell Fri 24-Dec-04 12:04:02

Bad luck jimjams - ds put a pea up his nose - I was livid! Hope you didn't have to wait too long.

Christmassbee Fri 24-Dec-04 12:11:10

Message withdrawn

anniebear Fri 24-Dec-04 21:45:14

Grace recently put a piece of sweetcorn up hers after seeing a child do it with a pea on tv. Luckily I was able to tell her to blow and blow until it came out!!!!!!!!

Jimjambells Fri 24-Dec-04 21:58:39

They couldn't find it! He was sneezing a lot so they said he probably sneezed it out- if not it might go manky! He was a dream though apparently (dh took him). They asked whether he would like to sit on daddy's lap or lie down and he said "hmm I think I'll lie down please". apparently lay there very still whilst they fished around inside his nostril.

Blossomgoodwill- we spent most of last night saying "thank god it isn't ds1". Even looking up his nose would have involved probably at least 3 people restraining him- but then if it had been him I guess we wouldn't have known anything about it unless it got infected.

Eulalia Sun 26-Dec-04 18:53:29

Glad he is OK and it didn't happen on Christmas day. My dad was in hospital on 23/24th with a nosebleed which didn't stop but is fine now.

Jimjams Fri 31-Dec-04 10:53:57

And at 5am this morning the chip came out of his nose. No idea how they missed it in A and E - it's quite big- he must have sniffed it up pretty high.

Twiglett Fri 31-Dec-04 10:55:24

sorry but ROFL at the thought of heavily pg Jimjams having to cope with chip up nose disaster

I have a sick sick sick sense of humour it seems

now, go have that baby

coppertop Fri 31-Dec-04 10:56:52

I suppose what goes up must come down.....

How on earth could they miss a chip???? Even a small one would surely be easy to spot in a toddler?

Blossomhill Fri 31-Dec-04 10:58:24

My eyes are watering just thinking about it!

Twiglett Fri 31-Dec-04 10:58:53

maybe it was a

wait for it

terribly sorry about this

it could've been

.... a microchip
{ba-da-boom)

coppertop Fri 31-Dec-04 11:01:12

<groan>

And there was I trying to avoid chip jokes! I suppose these things just aren't so cut and dried.......

Jimjams Fri 31-Dec-04 11:04:21

well fishing a chip out of his nose made a change from timing contractions (started again last night every 15 mins only to stop this morning......grrrr)

Twiglett Fri 31-Dec-04 11:10:36

"fishing a chip" <snurk>

Twiglett Fri 31-Dec-04 11:10:48

sorry about contractions

Gobbledigook Fri 31-Dec-04 11:57:42

Glad your ds was good for the doctors! it's the kind of thing I dread happening with ds1 as he would have to be pinned down by 10 men I reckon! Hairdressers, photo sessions, nail cutting - anything like that, it's like we are trying to cut his arm off without anaesthetic!

Oh JJ - hope it all happens soon - you def must be in 'pre-labour' - I did that for about a week, contractions on and off. Soooo, frustrating but it will be over soon!

Lots of luck!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now