Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Wow - on Mon I had insensitive mum comments and today I have had the most lovely offer from a Dad i know (nothing rude! ;-))

(6 Posts)
dustystar Wed 03-Oct-07 17:51:48

After Mondays insensitive comments my faith in people is completely restored.

A Dad of a girl that attends the same group as the DD of the insensitive Mum on Monday evening has given dh a letter offering his voluntary help with ds. The group is run at the local Baptist church that he attends and we have talked several times in the past. In the letter he says that they are starting a new group for boys on a thursday evening and that he would be prepared to go in and do 1:1 with ds so that he could attend too if he liked.

He won't get paid for this and we don't even know him that well really so this truly is a very generous offer and I am blown awaygrin

I wanted to share this lovely thing with you all after all my moaning recently. What a lovely lovely mangringringrin

dustystar Wed 03-Oct-07 17:53:24

And before anyone comes in with scary warnings - this man is CRB checked for his day job and very knowledgable so i completely trust him with dsgrin

3andnogore Wed 03-Oct-07 18:00:02

Awww...that is really nice!
I assume you gonna take him up on it?

NAB3 Wed 03-Oct-07 18:00:39

That is lovely. Will you take his offer up? Maybe you and your son could go along and you sit and watch from the side to see how the two of them get on.

dustystar Wed 03-Oct-07 18:03:55

I am going to take him up on it. I just rang to speak to him but he is away for a couple of days. His wife said he will call me at the weekend so we can have a chat. TBH I don't think I will need to stay at all as i am confident that he can cope with whatever ds throws at him. I'm still in shock at his kindnesssmile

mm22bys Thu 04-Oct-07 08:53:27

That is really lovely. It's so nice to hear a positive story for a change!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: