Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

I had a funny wine fueled afternoon

(7 Posts)
mymatemax Tue 02-Oct-07 20:59:37

I took ds2 with a friend & her ds age6(severe autism/non verbal etc) to a hotel lounge for a late lunch.
We go late because its quiet, often have the lounge to ourselves. So today we order a sandwich as usual & of course a large glass of wine.

A couple of glasses later 3 older ladies sit at the next table.
All is well, friends ds is happily rolling his small ball & chasing it on his hands & knees.
A couple of times it rolled under their table, he retrieves the ball completely oblivious of them but not touching them at all.
On the 3rd time it rolled near their table the sour faced old one says - " can't you teach your child to say excuse me"
I laughed & my friend obviously brave with wine says "no we are working on him saying MUM but he's not mastered it yet"
Which made me laugh even more.
Anyway the lady complained to the manager, who in a very diplomatic way pointed out she should be more tolerant of his other customers.
She left & we had more wine!

moondog Tue 02-Oct-07 21:20:59

Jeezuz,what is wrong with some people?? angry

Good for you with the quick retort though.I hope she felt thoroughly ashamed of herself.

deepbreath Tue 02-Oct-07 21:57:39

angry at the miserable old bat

grin at the response, and the superb way the manager dealt with her too!

mymatemax Tue 02-Oct-07 22:03:53

she was horrible, I think she'd had a bad day at the WI.

The manager is lovely, my ds2 loves sellotape & the manager always gives ds2 a roll, I think he knows if ds2 is happy we stay longer & drink more wine wink

TotalChaos Tue 02-Oct-07 22:05:27

Good for your friend and the manager!

kindersurprise Tue 02-Oct-07 22:57:42

Well done the manager and your friend.

Nasty old bat, glad that she did not get away with that.

magso Wed 03-Oct-07 09:06:51

At least it didn't spoil your lunch!wink Often its the older folk who have the time to notice the less obvious disability and relate appropriatly to the child. But this lady sounds more like Diana from Waiting for GoD!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now