CAMHS

(3 Posts)
Lesat Wed 08-Jul-20 21:54:06

Going to be having our first Access to service appointment over the phone, after 5 or 6 rejections, over the last 2 years, via self referral, GP referral, school referral and Paediatrician referral. Just wondering if anyone has had a good outcome from being involved with Camhs as my child really needs help and needed it a long time ago. Early help and Paediatrician said there is nothing they can do for us as we seem to have done what they would recommend.

OP’s posts: |
Niffler75 Thu 09-Jul-20 16:26:43

@lesat Hi, my understanding from my own and other parents experience is that the quality of CAMHS services is really a postcode lottery depending on where you live.
Do you feel comfortable giving any more info about what's happening so we can offer suggestions? 😊

10brokengreenbottles Thu 09-Jul-20 16:41:37

I agree with Niffler, it depends on where you live. Also, unfortunately, children whose parents understand the system and are able to fight for support receive better care.

DS1 has a brilliant CAMHS team. It wasn't to begin with but he was referred on. On the other hand CAMHS support for DS3 with ASD is none existent.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in