Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Going to look at a new school Tomorrow, What should i be looking for.

(4 Posts)
twocutedarlings Mon 24-Sep-07 14:35:18

Hi all,

Im going to look at another school tomorrow for DD1, its sounds brilliant they only have 177 kids in the entire school and this includes the nursery. They also have an intergrated resoure unit for SEN kids. She wont be going into the unit but im hoping the fact that they have will mean that they are more clued up with ASD. her current school dont have a clue.

As a lot of you will already know we have had a very traumtic month and my head is currently in tatters.

Im try to put together a list of things i need to ask, but ive gone completey blank i have spent my entire day on the phone and on the net reading ofsted reports.

So what should i be asking, please help, as i think im on the verge of completely looseing it, lol grin

tuftyclub Mon 24-Sep-07 16:20:37

We did this today, I asked several questions but I think the one to go with is how they there inclusion facility is, are they prepared to switch between MS and SN.
Good lucj its an eye opener.

twocutedarlings Mon 24-Sep-07 18:44:39

Thanks tuftycub,

im dreading it tbh, i feel like ive let DD down by chooseing her currect school.

I never thought of asking that. it would be brilliant if they would let DD use the unit from time to time (we all need to escape sometimes).

tuftyclub Tue 25-Sep-07 00:19:34

Good luck to you, it was an unmitigated disaster for us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now