Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Family Fund lady coming today

(5 Posts)
jenk1 Wed 12-Sep-07 09:39:42

can someone possibly help me with some questions before she comes?

Do they take DLA as part of your income?
What sort of things can we ask for(ist time for both kids with SN)
What will i be expected to do?

coppertop Wed 12-Sep-07 09:44:15

I last applied a couple of years ago but it was just a case of handing over any relevant paperwork/letters for the FF person to look at and then talking about what you would like. Typical requests are things like:

- a holiday

- washing machine

- tumble drier

- travel expenses

- money for clothing

We were given a washing machine, tumble drier and travel expenses.

I can't remember if DLA was included in income.

Graciefer Wed 12-Sep-07 13:04:50

First year we claimed for PECS related items (printer, ink, paper, laminator and sheets, PECS software, etc) and £380 for day trips out (we actually asked for a SN buggy, but they couldn't fund it, so the lady told us day trips are nice and you don't need to keep reciepts and winked).

This year we got £850 towards the costs of having a fence enclosing our back garden completely.

We were offered the choice of £400 towards the costs and being able to claim again next year, or £850 and not being able to claim again for 2 years.

As the fence was such an important safety issue that needed doing asap, we opted for the latter.

I was very impressed and grateful that they gave us that option.

We only had a visit for the Family Fund lady in our area for the first claim, the second was all done in writing/on the telephone.

FF has definately been a Godsend for us.

HTH

Mr Graciefer

jambuttie Wed 12-Sep-07 14:55:37

We are waiting to see if we are to be awarded anything.

Applied end June- they acknowledged receipt of application 1st week in July saying allow 12 weeks.

We have recently moved and are looking for help to do our garden to make it safe and playable instead of being an uneven bog

jambuttie Wed 12-Sep-07 15:00:43

just phoned then said it should be by end october I have a reply to my application

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: