Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.
Quick Q - blue badge and Heathrow Airport(4 Posts)
Well, after a certain amount of berating the council (who sent me a letter today saying they didn't have a photo which they had previously acknowledged they had ... ) it transpires our blue badge should arrive early next week. In time for our holiday which is handy, but I'm just wondering if it will make any difference whatsoever to the fiasco which is negotiating Heathrow airport? Is it best for DH just to drop off self and offspring at the door as usual and go park - packing the badge into our luggage to take to France? Or is there a disabled parking space at Heathrow which is so good it outweighs the benefit of having your badge with you on holiday? Or, thinking about it, maybe the badge wouldn't be valid in France anyway?
What does everyone else do?
From BAA's website on Heathrow:-
For security reasons the blue badge (previously orange badge) scheme does not operate on the Heathrow road system. Unattended cars will be towed away by the police and a fine must be paid in order to retrieve such vehicles.
Short stay car parks
* All car park prices are displayed at car park entrances.
* Clearly signed blue/orange badge parking is available in all short stay car parks located close to terminal access routes.
* Help points are located near these spaces and assistance is free to those with special needs.
* Disabled customers - wheelchair push/provision or help with baggage will be provided. Lift the green telephone and request assistance.
* If you wish to park in blue/orange badge space but take your badge abroad, you will need to show your badge to the car park operator. Please contact the car park operator via the help button on the car park entry machine or by using a help point telephone and asking that the operator be contacted.
* You must pay for car park tickets at the customer service kiosks or automatic payment machines before returning to your car. If you cannot reach the ticket/payment slot, press the help button.
* For further information or pre-booking please contact the BAA information line on 0870 850 2825 (UK) or +44(0)121 410 5105 (from outside the UK). Our Minitel number is +44 (0)121 410 5284.
Business/Long stay car parks
There are blue/orange badge spaces in business and long stay parking close to bus stops or admin offices. We advise that you contact the appropriate car park in advance in order to arrange suitable arrangements for transfer to the terminals.
Other parking information
* All the multistorey car parks have a general height limit of 2 metres (6'9").
* Overheight vehicles up to 2.6 metres (8'9") may park on the roof of car park 4 (serving Terminal 4) and vehicles up to 2.4 metres (8') may park on the ground floor of car park 3 (serving Terminals 1, 2 and 3). Vehicles over this height need to park in business or long stay car parks. Please call the BAA information line on 0870 850 2825 (UK) or +44(0)121 410 5105 (from outside the UK). Our Minitel number is +44 (0)121 410 5284.
* Alternatively, you can use the West Ramp Coach Park system. For further information please call BAA ground operations on +44 (0)20 8745 4625.
Join the discussion
Already registered? Log in with:
Please login first.