Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Diabetes Insipidus???

(2 Posts)
OrangeMoon Mon 03-Sep-07 23:55:09

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of this?
My ds who is 2 drinks about 8-10 litres of fluid a day and what goes in comes straight back out into his nappy.
He has been see by a peadiatrition a few weeks ago who first suggested diabetes insipidus, but wanted him to have a urine test first to rule out other types of diabetes, but with the force his wee comes out it just sprays back out the sample pot so we haven't been able to get one, and his peadiatrition is away until the 21st when we go back to see him.
Does anyone know what sort of tests they will do to check for DI? I looked on the web and all i could find was the water deprivation test, which if he has this done will make him extremely angry being deprived of water for so long (i know they get to drink after each hour) as he gets angry, upset and frustrated if he doesn't have a drink in his hand constantly.

The peadiatrition also picked up something wrong with his heart and said he needed an urgent refferal to a cardiologist but i still haven't heard anything about that!!

OrangeMoon Tue 04-Sep-07 12:57:16

Anyone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now