Pls help with swearing!

(3 Posts)
Blossom4538 Wed 29-Jan-20 16:36:54

Dd (asd) has started swearing lots and now using it towards me, telling me to F off etc.
I can’t stand it!! It’s upsetting me now.

Picked it up from school

OP’s posts: |
openupmyeagereyes Wed 29-Jan-20 20:13:34

That sounds tough. I’ve no experience but I guess not reacting is going to be key - if she sees it winds you up she’s likely to do it more because the reaction is possibly interesting to her. And just calmly reiterating that we don’t talk to each other/anybody like that.

xxlostxx Wed 29-Jan-20 23:34:57

Your dd sounds a lot like mine Blossom, I remember some of your other posts and it's all so familiar to how life is here.

It's so difficult, my dd is 11 soon. I've had a few years now of being sworn at, tonight was called a dickhead. No answers I'm afraid. I've tried multiple tactics, she doesn't respond to punishments. I don't feel I can ignore it as her db12 thinks i just let her get away with anything and everything.
It's exhausting, but having the energy to try to keep one step ahead, pre empt any situations that can trigger or cause mini or full on meltdowns helps. Trouble is, who the hell can be that in tune 24/7?! I feel burnt out sad

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in