Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

i still dont know where we belong :(

(8 Posts)
LadyVictoriaOfCake Tue 28-Aug-07 13:52:57

dd2 is having more and more episodes of odd behavior again. wont make eye contact, very twirly again, and speech has gone off to screeching at times. i think its to do with dh transplant and too many emotions for her to deal with.

but no dx, off to mainstream school next week with no support in place, fortunatly school are aware of speech issues and have been in touch with nursery and have her file.

but am feelign very apprehensive today. very scared.

i have been telling myself for a while now that she is perfectly NT and it was just a blip. now i am not so sure. but maybe its because of transplant.

rambling message, ignore if you want.

FioFio Tue 28-Aug-07 13:55:40

Message withdrawn

bundle Tue 28-Aug-07 13:58:10

oh sweetie, please don't worry about "fitting", just keep an open dialogue with the school (my dd2 starts on the 11th p/t too smile) and ask for help.

I'm sure they'll understand, given your family situation (which I've only just caught up with after a couple of weeks away - smile for you, Peter & the girls xxx)

LadyVictoriaOfCake Tue 28-Aug-07 13:58:53

thanks fio. i am hoping there is no issues at school what so ever, but realistically, i know the speech is going to have an impact in some ways due to frustrations that dd2 feels.

LadyVictoriaOfCake Tue 28-Aug-07 14:01:11

we see SALT at the end of next month. am hoping to move off ssss/shhh but know that we wont yet.

maybe we can start work on other sounds though.

LadyVictoriaOfCake Tue 28-Aug-07 14:13:57

i know its the thought of school scaring me. fortunatly it will be half class size for the first term. 14 children only.

[big deep breath]

Christie Tue 28-Aug-07 14:51:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Peachy Tue 28-Aug-07 14:56:07

I would imagine dd is going to be OK while the class is at half size, at there will be adeqwuate time for the teachers to give the attention needed. But I do think that you need to start planning now for the second term- sadly things like help need time to be put in place, we got ds3's finalised statement today, applied in february!

Perhaps you could telephone the SALt and ask her what she thinks? Ours is very good at supporting us in getting ds3 the help he needs (got hsi statement bumped from 10 to 16 hours). Also book a chat with the SENCO ASAP after she starts, so you can chat about whether she feels you should apply for a statement (ours wouldnt do it herself for either of them), or if the school has any schemes in place.

Don't worry too much though- kids have an amazing tendency to cope.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: