Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

So bl@@dy fed up

(9 Posts)
mummy2aaron Sat 25-Aug-07 06:44:38

Of being woken at 4am. 6am would be good, more 'normal'. Just so very tired. sorry.

anniebear Sat 25-Aug-07 08:22:15

Its horrible isnt it

occasionally we get some 6am's now (although she still wakes in the night though) But then you are wanting 7 am's lol lol

it is horrible when it's earlier than 6, feels like the middle of the night still sad

mummy2aaron Sat 25-Aug-07 08:26:11

lol anniebear especially worse when the mornings are dark, i would go to bed at 8pm but dd is usually awake until 10/11pm so no chance - i wish i could synchronise them.

MegaLegs Sat 25-Aug-07 08:40:53

5.30 here. It's torture isn't it. Plus he spent half the night in our bed as he is being so clingy and will only sleep on me at the moment.

needmorecoffee Sat 25-Aug-07 09:09:05

hey, we could have had a meeting. DD was up at 4 having gone to bed at 12. Didn't dare give her a sleepy drug as she'd had it 3 nights running at 1am. But she did go back off at 6am.
My eldest (NT) never needed any sleep at this age (3) and was always up at 5am but she could go and pour rice crispies everywhere and put on a video. DD, being quadraplegic, needs help to be a pain in the butt.

mummy2aaron Sat 25-Aug-07 12:19:10

It has been like this for a very long time now and is the norm, just need a full proper night grrr.

needmorecoffee Sat 25-Aug-07 15:21:09

I'm feeling a bit jealous of those who get time away fromkids anda full nights sleep. My in-laws have dumped my eldest somewhere so they can swan off on yet another holiday. My best friend has left her 2 kids with grandparents so they have have a weekend away. Me n DH never get a break, even before we had DD 3 years ago. Grandparents never took the older 3. Now no-one would ever take DD. In-laws wouldn't take older 3 because they go away every weekend and have 14 weeks holidays a year (they were both teachers). They've been having holidays like that for 20 + years since DH left home.
So when FIL moaned and complained earlier this year that having DD1 live with them meant they 'didn't get a life' I kinda exploded.
well, 20 years of holidays and free time ffs. While HH and I will care for DD2 for ever and ever and ever and never even get a ights sleep.
So grouchy and jealous.

2mum Sat 25-Aug-07 16:42:46

Have you tried melatonin mummy2aaron? Anything is worth a shot if your lo is able to take it. i had my ds2 on it for a few months and it worked for him as he was waking up at 1 or 2 and staying awake and trashing his room etc and i usually had to bring him in to my bed. I got his sleeping back on track using that stuff. I hope im not talking too soon an he doesnt go vack to the way he was though!

mummy2aaron Sat 25-Aug-07 17:21:37

ds2 has melatonin on prescription (he has asd) so he goes down nicely but it doesnt keep him asleep he wakes up at the same time whatever i do and i have tried everything, he has been like this for over 2 years. dd is only 2 and i have given her some of ds2's melatonin in desperation but it just doesnt seem to work on her, her sleep problems have been occuring for about 14 months. ds1 was bad too but as he was my only one i could have 2 hours with him in the day to catch up - no chance now although ds2 starts school on the 4th so here's hoping it makes a difference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now