DLA for bed wetting?

(8 Posts)
BirthdayKake Fri 20-Dec-19 09:47:53

Has anyone successfully claimed for this? I've put it off for a while, but DD is now 8.5 and still wets the bed every night without fail. She uses pull ups but sometimes leak through, and I'm having to order another mattress soon - then just wondered about this again. We already get DLA for my son, but that is for a completely different issue. We are under the GP for this.

Thanks smile

OP’s posts: |
CaptainKirksSpikeyGhost Sat 21-Dec-19 10:32:57

You will probably not get DLA for bedwetting.

MontStMichel Sun 22-Dec-19 09:20:24

I suggest you get a waterproof mattress cover, like they use in hospitals. It’s way cheaper than having to buy a new mattress! Unfortunately, I can’t remember the name of the manufacturer of the one we got for DD!

Biggreen87 Sun 22-Dec-19 09:51:42

As the above poster suggests a fully waterproof enclosed cover will protect the mattress. Link below.

https://www.allaboutincontinence.co.uk/total-enclosure-mattress-cover-single

yellowallpaper Sun 22-Dec-19 20:17:32

A waterproof bed pad is also a old idea. Maybe more absorbent pull ups. You won't get DLA for bedwetting I'm afraid.

HoHoHolly Mon 23-Dec-19 15:05:11

At 8.5 you could ask for a referral to enuresis clinic. Larger size nappies can be available on the NHS but they'd be nappies, not pull-ups, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're one of the things the NHS is clamping down on prescribing (like Calpol, skin creams for eczema etc)

MontStMichel Mon 23-Dec-19 15:54:48

They will probably ration them! DD used to get 4 pull-ups a day - now she gets 2. As it is, she uses 2 or 3, so it’s not a big problem with her.

x2boys Sun 29-Dec-19 15:26:07

I doubt you would get DLA for bedwetting unless it was part of a bigger issue ,I know of some children who get high rate care which includes changing beds at night because of wetting but ,it's part of other disabilities ,you can get pull ups on the NHS my son has just started getting them as we are toilet training ( he's nine )

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in