Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Buggy for 3yo and 1yo

(4 Posts)
kreamkrackers Mon 13-Aug-07 12:46:24

I have a mama's and papa's twin buggy but the seats are very small and it's been hard to use this past year. Now one of the wheels flew off as i was crossing the road on dd1's side and i realise i need a better buggy. I want one that will last up to another couple of years as dd1 can't walk at the moment and even when she does i doubt she'll be walking far and dd2 should be an excellent walker by then. I need one that can hold shopping well and be easy to use on buses and long walks. Any suggestions? TIA

Cappuccino Mon 13-Aug-07 17:06:30

there are some massive ones, I did a lot of research on this. It's hard to get a buggy for a larger child

mountain buggy I think from New Zealand though many £££s

I have a twin Maclaren Major it is like taking a tank out for a walk

I would go and play in a large mothercare and try a few out

mum2seb Mon 13-Aug-07 19:44:43

I've got a Phil and Teds E3 for my 3 year old (spina bifida, not too good at walking long distances) and 7 month old. It's FAB!!! The pram itself (you'll know what I mean if you see one - they're in Mothercare, btw) is for up to age 5 - the reason why I got it. The toddler seat is a brilliant invention. I take it on the bus all the time (providing it's a low one that I can wheel it on), and it fits in the back of black cabs with no problem. It's not so easy to fold up to get on a bus, though, especially if you're having to negotiate 2 children who don't walk too well (as I have discovered! I shamed the bus driver into letting me keep it up, and another buggy user collapsed hers so that I could put mine in the buggy bit at the front!). I'd thoroughly recommend it!

kreamkrackers Tue 14-Aug-07 13:21:43

Went to mothercare and tried a few out. Really like the new jane powertwin but dd1's legs just dangled at the sides instead of her using the footrest. Tried the phil n teds and fell in love. It'll save us getting the major buggy for a while as she sits so well in it. We walked all around the store and it was brill, like having a single buggy again. They were both happy in it and i'm made up. They don't stock the sand colour so we're waiting for this to be delivered. Fantastic buggy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now