Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Peachy or anyone else. Need some advice on accomodation for Bibic

(18 Posts)
Blossomhill Sun 12-Aug-07 19:48:55

We are off there again very soon but I need to book accomodation. Stayed in bungalow last time but too scary imo.
Looking at the list Bibic have given but they seem a bit pricey.
Would appreciate any recommendations.
Thanks

mymatemax Sun 12-Aug-07 20:45:36

Blossom, how much do you want to spend? are you after b&b or self catering.
I have a friend in Bridgewater, I'll give her a call tomorrow if you don't get any answers from those in the know!!

Peachy Sun 12-Aug-07 20:47:22

Hiya Blossom

What sort of thing are you after? Know a wide range, need to narrow it down a bit

Ah wondering who mymatemax's friend is LOL_ we all know everyone there!!!!

mymatemax Sun 12-Aug-07 20:58:52

She is a local girl so I guess you may know her??

Peachy Sun 12-Aug-07 21:02:21

Good chance LOL, (though by my maiden name, Godfrey no doubt)

mymatemax Sun 12-Aug-07 21:24:43

She's about 38 & afaik has always lived (apart from the year she lived here)in Bridgewater..ooh maybe related even!

Blossomhill Sun 12-Aug-07 22:45:59

Hi mmm and peachy

I am after something that will be good for dd. So not sure really. Just can't afford £110 a night!

Peachy Mon 13-Aug-07 10:55:43

Related to me? But my family is so small.... (Dad is one of 16 pmsl)

B&B or self cartering blossom? Or how about a travel lodge place, there's one on the road down to Bibic now

Blossomhill Mon 13-Aug-07 12:18:27

travel lodge sounds good peachy. Have you got any details please?

Peachy Mon 13-Aug-07 14:57:44

Hang on, sister works next door so should be easy to find.... its next to the Brewsters on the road out towards bawdrip, will give you a 5 minute run out, with a place to eat next door and a coffee shop in the 'complex' (LOL) atatched (which si where my sister manages a nursery)

hang on.....

Peachy Mon 13-Aug-07 15:05:26

one idea

two ideas

or the travel inn I mentio0ned

Need any mroe ideas just ask

staryeyed Mon 13-Aug-07 17:37:53

I was going to ask about accommodation down there to -am going in October. Thanks for the info Peachy! how far are those places from the centre?

Peachy Mon 13-Aug-07 18:09:02

number 3 is about a 5 minute drive, number 2 is about the same (but is an inn place instead of lodge), number 1 is in Bridgwater itself so great for the town, about 3 miles from Bibic- there's a bus, last time I got a taxi (June) it was under £10.

Shame its october you're going- have you ever seen the bridgwater carnival ? here, though if its first few days of October you'll get the fair (allow for traffic, if thats the case) and if youre there for a friday you might be able to extend to one of the SouthS omeset carnivals on the saturday?

staryeyed Mon 13-Aug-07 18:43:41

We are going right at the end of october on a wednesday.

mymatemax Mon 13-Aug-07 19:17:51

Can't beat Peachy's Bridgewater knowledge, pmsl at your small family, that must be half of Bridgewater.
Thinking about it I know a few people from Bridgewater (who worked at the power station), so one of them MUST be related
My friend lives in Halesleigh (SP) Road.

Peachy Mon 13-Aug-07 19:19:33

Ah, halesleigh Road about 2 minutes from my road LOL (kendale), used to pass through on way to school.

Knew a few people who were at Hinkly, one on security, a supervisor (ex boyfriend) and frioends dad was a smanager.

Its a small place!

mymatemax Mon 13-Aug-07 19:26:29

I live near Sizewell power station, in Suffolk & loads moved from Hinkly to Sizewell when Sizewell opened, so you never know!
Sorry Blossom

Peachy Mon 13-Aug-07 19:38:06

My daft Grandad helped build Hinkly

reckoned he went innto the core whist operational

Now, though that would explain plenty (!) I somehow doubt it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now