Struggling to run

(6 Posts)
Whattodo20192 Sat 07-Sep-19 08:57:24

My ds is almost 6, he has ASD and when he was younger had knocking knees but insoles solved this problem.
Hes joined sports clubs and I've noticed he seems to have difficulty running compared to the other kids. He looks awkward and is way slower. I'm wondering now if it could be another problem with his feet or legs and would it be best to bring him to a physio or someone else to check?

OP’s posts: |
Lara53 Sat 07-Sep-19 23:38:59

Def get checked out. He could be hyper mobile

livpotter Sun 08-Sep-19 07:18:39

It might also be worth seeing an OT if you can get referred to one. It could be a sensory or motor planning thing?

Whattodo20192 Sun 08-Sep-19 08:51:44

He does have hypermobility and also sensory and motor planning issues.
His physio dealt with the hypermobility and his ot with the sensory and motor planning issues. But because he's been discharged from one team and waiting for another team , he actually has no therapists at the minute. I'll have to bring him private and pay so trying to figure out if it's physio or ot that we need

OP’s posts: |
livpotter Sun 08-Sep-19 10:07:59

Tricky decision. In our area if you've been discharged from a service but you're worried about something you can call again to get advice. Maybe worth ringing the service he was discharged from?

Inniu Sun 08-Sep-19 10:10:23

Hyper mobility and motor planning issues don’t go away. Kids can work on ways of dealing with them but they still have an impact.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in