Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

THERES A PARTY GOING ON IN JENKS HOUSE

(24 Posts)
jenk1 Tue 24-Jul-07 16:28:28

The LEA have agreed to name the independent school on part 4

He starts in september!!!

2 YEARS of fighting them and finally he is going to school, i cant believe it.
My IPSEA rep asked me how i felt when we came out of the meeting and i burst into tears.
I cant explain how happy we all are.
We phoned DS at home and he screamed YEESSSSSSSSS down the phone, my mum and my sisters and my nieces have all been crying, we are so happy.

I will post more about what happened cos there were a couple of arguments, some so pathetic they will make you LOL, but im making pizza for my family and icing DS, promised Simpsons cake.

growingbagpuss Tue 24-Jul-07 16:32:00

I picked up on your post, because I know a family with the same name, with ages of children reversed, but same SN !!

Having known them for nearly 10 years, I can really understand how excited you are, as I have shared those same excitements with them - and all the downs, and the other ups as well.

I hope it all goes well - and will be thinking about you guys lots, as it has reminded me of 2 v special children I share a strong bond with.

aloha Tue 24-Jul-07 16:32:37

OMG! How absolutely fantastic!

Tell us about the school.

BreeVanDerCampLGJ Tue 24-Jul-07 16:33:36

Miaou Tue 24-Jul-07 16:35:01

That's fantastic jenk! Wonderful news

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 24-Jul-07 16:36:01

Jenk1,

Allrightteeee!!!!!. Yay, yay and thrice yay!!!

Good on both you and nice one IPSEA!!!. Bet the LEA tried (unsuccessfully!) to run rings around them!!.

lou33 Tue 24-Jul-07 16:40:46

wonderful news

DangerousBeans Tue 24-Jul-07 16:41:43

Brilliant news! I hope your DS will love his new school.

2shoes Tue 24-Jul-07 17:08:20

BLOODY BRILLIANT

jenk1 Tue 24-Jul-07 17:28:30

DS is sat with dd and my niece and the kids next door on the trampoline and they are all eating pizza!!!!!

he.s telling everyone he sees!!!!

The meeting was a bit tense in times, with the manager accusing me of deschooling M and letting him lounge about he house all day
She started telling me all about PDD and i said yes i know I HAVE IT and she still carried on, she said they wouldnt name his dx of AS cos our psych wasnt from CAMHS and IPSEA lady said, erm im not sure that you are allowed to do that, ill check with our legal dept, she tried saying that we didnt need certain wording ie DS needs help with toileting and self care, so IPSEA shot her down and said "your own Ed Psych and OT have recommended that he DOES need support around toileting and dressing/undressing with PE" so she backed down, she said she didnt feel we needed wording regarding his sensory difficulties, again she quoted her own ed psych and OT back at her.
At one point she shouted at me "Jen you cannot have it both, you cannot have a special independent school named AND the wording of your choice" and my IPSEA rep said "why not, other children have it, why not DS,s statement"?
she asked us to withdraw our tribunal and our rep said well when we receive the ammended statement thats something we shall consider.
She has agreed to name the school.
keep most of the wording in the statement
but she wont budge about his dx of AS, but my IPSEA rep has said she will check it out with the legal dept and let me know where we stand.
so it was a good result, although she was very snobby and not happy at having to do this as this is not her area, but cos we complained to the boss of the council she was brought in.
so i know who to go for when we run into trouble with DS,s statement!!!!!!!

When i think back to 2 years ago, when we were being threatened by EWO,s and accused of making up symptoms and DS wouldnt talk, eat or come out of his bedroom for months and we have come so far and he,s so excited about going back to school, its just amazing it really is, im so glad i never gave up cos there were many times when i thought sod it, i cant do this anymore but i couldnt give up on DS.

tobysmumkent Tue 24-Jul-07 17:39:45

Message withdrawn

KarenThirl Tue 24-Jul-07 17:45:28

Jenk you have worked so hard for your ds. Well done on your result, congratulations all round. I hope it's all you're expecting.

Homsa Tue 24-Jul-07 19:59:41

Brilliant news Jenk! I've never posted on your threads before, but have recently been keeping an eye on them as we're preparing for tribunal ourselves.

Three cheers for IPSEA! I'm so pleased you took your rep against the advice of the LEA and got what you wanted!

mummytosteven Tue 24-Jul-07 20:01:00

great news, glad it's all sorted.

mymatemax Tue 24-Jul-07 20:02:16

Great news well done.

reiver Tue 24-Jul-07 20:34:29

Congratulations - super news!

ladygrinningsoul Tue 24-Jul-07 20:35:00

Fantastic news jenk, you really deserved to get this result after all your hard work.

Saturn74 Tue 24-Jul-07 22:35:05

So pleased to hear the good news, jenk.

macwoozy Wed 25-Jul-07 00:29:32

Great news Jenk.

Please let us know how Jenk Jr feels about his new school once he begins. It's always been a difficult and emotional option for my ds, so I'd love to hear how your ds is doing once school starts.

Dinosaur Wed 25-Jul-07 08:39:06

That's great news jenk!

electra Wed 25-Jul-07 12:39:40

Message withdrawn

Bikermum Wed 25-Jul-07 21:53:35

Jenk
congratulations! I have followed your posts cos we have had a lot of the same hassles with school, really pleased for you. By the way my son has replied to Mike's post hope this is ok.
Bikermum

CalifrauniusFudge Wed 25-Jul-07 22:03:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MABS Sun 05-Aug-07 17:15:56

delighted for you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now