Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

We have shoes!!

(5 Posts)
Jenkeywerewolf Thu 12-Jul-07 14:46:31

I'm so excited after waiting for weeks and weeks we finally got the orthotic insoles yesterday and today we have shoes! we went to a little indepedent shoe shop and the service was impeccable - he was not at all fazed by the orthotics and says he sees a lot of children with CP. He found DD some lovely little maroon suede lace up boots by 'Ricosta' they fit beautifully and are really supportive. DD cried in the shop but as soon as we left she started examining her feet in the pushchair and looked really proud. I'm so so pleased as they will make such a difference to her feet and ankles and hopefuly make it easier for her to start to stand up a bit. I'm happy

sidge Thu 12-Jul-07 16:13:07

Great news!!

Where did you go in the end? We got DD2s maroon Ricosta boots from French's in Southampton. They are gorgeous, suede with little sparkly bits on the sides.

Her insoles are perfect in them and the boots give her great ankle support.

wrinklytum Thu 12-Jul-07 20:32:23

Glad she likes her shoes,wishing her every sucess with her standing and mobility

r3dh3d Thu 12-Jul-07 21:37:37

Yaaaay!

Small independant shoe shops should get some sort of grant. Or a charter from the Queen or something.

Jenkeywerewolf Thu 12-Jul-07 21:45:26

We went to 'The shoe Tree' in Wimborne - was all prepared to go up to French's in Southampton if we didn't have any luck but yes agree- these little shoe shops should get gold stars! I walked past stead and simpson which is a couple of shops away and saw a solitary young sales assistant leaning lethargically against the counter and I thought ' she aint getting anywhere near dd's feet!'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now