Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

The School said YES!!!!!!!

(13 Posts)
jenk1 Mon 09-Jul-07 17:01:17

DH spoke to the headteacher of the independent special school that we visited last week with DS and he said YES they can meet all DS,s needs are there are places available!!!!!!!
The headteacher said he phoned our LEA on friday to tell them, hmm they must have "FORGOT" to tell us that then musnt they?
He said that he said to the LEA, look this kid needs to be in a school that meets ALL his needs, not just his academic ones but his social,emotional ones as well, lets get him in here for the remainder of his primary school years and then review it.
He said they werent negative.
I started worrying at him saying just for primary but dh reminded me that the headteacher said its useful to bargain with the LEA in the beginning and that most children never go back to mainstream once they are in his school, they can take him to 16+.
he was excited DH said (headmaster that is!!) and kept going on about DS, academic and intellectual ability.
So we will give them till tomoz and then i shall drop another email into the exec directors box asking why noone has contacted us and tell him we shall now proceed with the tribunal.
I see a light at the end of a very very dark and long tunnel thats clouded our life for over 2 years now.

Blandmum Mon 09-Jul-07 17:06:04

I cannot begon to tell you how happy I am for you and your ds!

Fantastic

coppertop Mon 09-Jul-07 17:08:30

That's amazing news, Jenk.

tobysmumkent Mon 09-Jul-07 17:19:22

Message withdrawn

edam Mon 09-Jul-07 17:20:40

Very glad for you and ds.

Jenkeywoo Mon 09-Jul-07 17:24:08

Really good news Jenk, must be such a relief.

ladygrinningsoul Mon 09-Jul-07 18:46:57

Oh, that is brilliant news, really happy for you.

moondog Mon 09-Jul-07 19:05:08

Oh,great news,really great news.
Crack open the champers!!

macwoozy Mon 09-Jul-07 20:55:55

Excellent news Jenk

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 09-Jul-07 21:36:12

What fab news for both you and your DS!!!

sidge Mon 09-Jul-07 22:55:19

That's just wonderful news!

saggarmakersbottomknocker Mon 09-Jul-07 22:58:17

Fab news Jenk

onlyjoking9329 Tue 10-Jul-07 09:42:19

so glad your two year battle was won, we (should get certificates)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now