Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Book reccomedations for explaining SNs to small children

(6 Posts)
ThomCat Thu 28-Jun-07 11:40:37

I have bought 'My Friend Isabelle' and 'We'll Paint the Octopus Red' but any others I need to own to lend to friends to read to their young children and read to Lottie's siblings as they grow??

Woooozle100 Thu 28-Jun-07 11:47:25

Unique do a book for siblings explaining chromo abnormalities. http://www.rarechromo.org Haven't got it so don't know what its like - sounds OK though. I could get hold of a copy for you if you like?

ThomCat Thu 28-Jun-07 11:58:02

Hmmm??? Thank you but I think explaining chromosome abnormalities might be a bit too much. I was looking for books that just mention or lightly graze over the fact that a child has Down's syndrome for 5 - 8 yr olds to read / be read.

gess Thu 28-Jun-07 12:51:36

these won't be ideal as they relate to young children and autism. However if you follow the NAS literature for families link there may be some more general ones. "My sister is different' might work for you as well. Certainly my brother is different works well for learning difficulties as well as autism.

ThomCat Thu 28-Jun-07 13:07:02

Cheers Gess, xx

ThomCat Thu 28-Jun-07 13:09:03

Just had a bit of a better look - aha, didn't realise. What a great sirte, well done you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now